Position: Finance Officer
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Station: Nairobi, Kenya
The Africa Christian Health Associations Platform (ACHAP) is a regional organization of Christian Health Associations and networks covering several countries in Sub-Saharan Africa established through a declaration of commitment by the 3rd Africa Christian Health Associations Biennial Conference held in Bagamoyo, Tanzania in January 2007. ACHAP brings together more than 40 national level faith-based networks providing services in 32 countries across Sub-Saharan Africa to share resources, establish technical working groups (TWGs), and provide ongoing training and technical assistance (TA) to its members. In addition, governments see ACHAP members as critical players and, in many African countries, partner with them to provide health support services, even to government facilities.
ACHAP is seeking to recruit a Finance Officer to provide technical assistance and support in the running of day-to-day operations in the finance department. He/she will contribute towards the relevance, effectiveness and efficiency of the Finance department at ACHAP.
Preparation of all disbursements/payments
- Receive invoices and other documents indicating commitments for payments and prepare payment vouchers indicating the account codes to be charged for each line item.
- Ensure that all payments made are charged to the valid business units and to the budget lines for which budgets have been entered into sage Systems and such payments are in conformity with the ACHAP regulations and donor requirements.
- Process all advances required in the office and by staff on prescribed templates for review, validation, and payment.
- Review all documents and transactions to ascertain the accuracy, relevance, and reasonableness of each transaction.
- Review all documents and transactions to ascertain the adequacy and completeness of supporting documentation.
- Prepare and track accounts receivables for staff monthly and issue receivable statements to all assigned staff.
- Provide assistance and support in the preparation on the monthly financial reports and tasks assigned.
- Tracking of prepayments and preparation of the monthly amortization documents.
- Consolidate all journals prepared and approved to facilitate posting in the system every other day.
- Prepare other journal entries as may be assigned.
- Ensure statutory deductions and remittances are done to the relevant authorities within the set deadlines.
- Issue official ACHAP receipts as acknowledgment for all the cash, cheques, EFTs and other modes of incoming funds paid or refunded to ACHAP.
- Prepare bank pay-in slips for the cash, cheques and other forms of monies received an ensure timely banking is done.
- Update the cash book daily and track the availability of operating cash.
- Preparation of receipts journals/liquidation entries for all receipts showing account codes for posting.
- Prepare all reimbursements to staff once they are fully approved.
- Work with administration assistant on office cash review and replenishment.
- Ensure all finance documents are appropriately labelled and filed in a timely manner.
- Distribution and compilation of all Finance external communications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENT
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/ Business Administration or a related field
- CPA 11
- Knowledge & experience in the use of Sage system accounting software
- Excellent computer skills especially in using Excel.
- At least 3 Years’ Experience working in an INGO
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good Communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
How to apply
Interested qualified candidates should submit their application and Curriculum Vitae indicating names & contacts of three professional referees to ACHAP Human Resources Department via firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 7th October 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.