Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF) is a non-governmental organization dully registered with Nigerian government through Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC/IT NO: 91613). Existing since October 2016, AHSF focuses on improving the quality of life of vulnerable population across communities in Northeast Nigeria. AHSF operates both in emergency and developmental context and have its program principally rooted in identifying gaps that affects population or increases vulnerability of population and bridging those gaps through resource base planning and implementation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
The Finance Officer will be specifically responsible for:
- Finance – The daily financial operations (accounting, financial management, budget monitoring, reporting, and accounting package, familiarize himself / herself on Insight applications of the office (QuickBooks) and ensure that the financial accounting environment follows AHSF policies and procedures, donor rules and regulations & National/State requirements.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Finance / Accounting:
- Ensure that the financial accounting environment in the Office follows AHSF policies and procedures, donor regulations and local legal requirements.
- Work with the Accounts Payable Specialist to ensure the disbursement Requests are in line with the authorization matrix and process them at appropriate level.
- Assist with the review liquidation requests submitted by partners and ensure the liquidation documentation is in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles and in compliance with AHSF and donor requirements.
- Keep informed about local fiscal and other financial laws related to taxes and exemptions; inform the Head of Office and NW Finance Manager as appropriate.
- Ensure that the financial accounting environment in the Local Office follows AHSF policies and procedures, donor regulations and local legal requirements.
- Prepare Disbursement Requests for next level authority approvals and process them at appropriate level.
- Keep informed about local fiscal and other financial laws related to taxes and exemptions; inform the Head of Office and North East Finance Manager as appropriate.
- Prepare request and send request for Operation staff and for the sub-office for approval.
- Will make recommendations to the head of program on items to be disposed of and prepare list of items for auctioning when directed.
- Facilitate effective Coordination, understanding and cooperation between the Operations department and Program Department.
- Serve as a liaison with donors on matters related to the program to ensure financial and programmatic accountability to donors
- Participate in donor meetings and communicate relevant information to Finance Director and Country Director when called upon to do so
- Assist in activities to ensure maximum visibility of the agency amongst the NGO community
- Participate in the production of reports and ensure the timeliness and accuracy of information provided, as well ensuring confidentiality of sensitive information
- Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organizations Code of Conduct, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to internal and external actors.
- Treat beneficiaries with dignity and apply UNICEF Code of Ethics and Conduct, the UN Convention for the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) and the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) in the field, including sensitizing Field Staffs and vendors / agents on such principles
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or any Management related course, professional certification inclusive ICAN, ACA, ANAN.
- Master’s Degree in relevant fields; Accounting, any Management course will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant administrative management experience, preferably with an international/national NGO.
- The Finance Officer will be based in Sokoto State.
- Prior experience in supervising staff in a structured work environment
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of contemporary management best practices
- Must have excellent research and facilitation skills.
- Excellent people skills.
- Demonstrate high level of initiative, diplomacy, and tact
- Excellent knowledge of computer software – MS Office and Excel especially.
- Must be flexible and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Be committed to Action the foundation’s mission, values, and policies.
Application Closing Date
30th September 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants who applied initially, should kindly reapply!
- Women are strongly encouraged to Apply.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- CRM Assistant at Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF) – 6 OPenings
- MEAL Officer at Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF)
- Junior Community Health Extension Worker (JCHEW) at Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF) – 12 Openings
- Project Manager at Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF)
- Finance Lead at Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF)