Gender Equality, Peace and Development Centre (GEPaDC) is a not-for-profit, non-political, non-religious and Women-led organization with the vision of“a society where women and men, girls and boys realize their full potential and participate in every sphere on an equal basis and where the rights of everyone irrespective of sex are recognized and respected” and the mission of “Promoting gender equality, peace and sustainable development and empowering women & girls”.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
- Degree or equivalent in Financial Management, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or other relevant fields.
- At least 3 years of work experience in broader finance, accounts and operations management with an international/National organization
- USG contracts experience preferred (including office management, HR, finance, IT, and logistics);
- Able to communicate effectively and has excellent interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships at all levels.
- High level of computer literacy (proficiency in MS Excel would be added advantage)
- Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and always maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Periodic financial monitoring at the project locations
- Cross-functional team player.
- Results-oriented and attention to detail.
- Proven experience in managing expenditures within budget.
- Have experience and/or knowledge about working with children on research issues and are aware of the local legal and child protection systems.
- Experience working in a post-conflict environment/refugee/IDP situation
- Project management experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure often to strict deadlines,
- Ability to assess problems and recommend a solution
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility.
- Capacity for a high level of accuracy in work, and ability to hold self and others accountable.
Application Closing Date
23rd June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Child Protection Officer (Askira Uba and Damboa) at Gender Equality Peace and Development Centre (GEPaDC)
- M&E Officers (Askira Uba and Damboa) at Gender Equality Peace and Development Centre (GEPaDC)
- CRM Officer at Gender Equality Peace and Development Centre (GEPaDC)
- M&E Coordinator at Gender Equality Peace and Development Centre (GEPaDC)
- Finance Officer at Gender Equality Peace and Development Centre (GEPaDC)