Position: Operations and Logistics Officer
Pact, Inc. seeks a highly qualified and accomplished Operations and Logistics Officer to work on the recently awarded, five-year USAID/Zambia Integrated HIV and Health Activity (ZIH) contract. The five-year project will be led by Pact in partnership with the Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia, Circle of Hope, Mothers2Mothers, Copper Rose Zambia, Zambia Network of Young People Living with HIV, and Viamo. Zambia Integrated Health will improve health outcomes of Zambians through equitable access to high-quality health services in the areas of client-centered HIV, HIV/TB, MNCH, Family Planning and Reproductive Health. It will reduce mortality, morbidity, and HIV transmission for sub-populations in Northwestern, Copperbelt, and Central Provinces. Pact will work closely with the Government of the Republic of Zambia to attain the country’s goal of reaching HIV epidemic control (95-95-95) by 2030. The activity will be delivered through three main components namely:
- Increase coverage of comprehensive and person-centered HIV, TB/HIV, FP/RH, MNCH prevention, diagnosis, care, treatment and support services in both communities and health facilities.
- Increase utilization of community and facility-based quality and person-centered integrated HIV, TB/HIV, FP/RH, MNCH services; and
- Increase capacities of Provincial and District Health Offices to improve quality and sustain Direct Service Delivery of integrated HIV, TB/HIV, FP/RH, MNCH during and beyond the life of the activity.
The Operations and Logistics Officer will execute a wide variety of administrative tasks to support the operations, finance and the administration team with regards to day to day implementation and general administration of ZIH. The position is also responsible for maintenance and repair of vehicles, monitoring fuel usage, supervising and coordinating drivers and ensuring that all vehicles meet specified road safety standards.
This is a Zambia based local Position and open to Zambian nationals only.
The Operations and Logistics Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Facilitate purchases and requests for materials/services of vendors.
- Ensure timely delivery of goods and services so as not to affect workflow.
- Provide daily administrative support to the Operations Manager, finance and the operations team as requested.
- Maintain the filing system for the Finance and Operations department and ensure compliance with Pact and ZIHA Project filing and archiving system.
- Schedule meetings, support with minute taking and routine correspondence.
- Supervise the Operations and Logistics Assistants, Receptionist and Office Assistants.
- Ensure timely payments for vendors.
- Prepare rental payments every quarter for ZIH project offices and other payments as may be required.
- Monitor and reorder as needed inventories of supplies and stationery across ZIH Project offices.
- Coordinate closely with the Operations Manager, Operations and Logistics Assistants, Receptionist and Office Assistant to ensure supply pipeline runs smoothly and adequate inventory is available.
- Develop and maintain supply inventory tracking system for managing ZIH office supply use.
- Manage the contract for regular vehicle maintenance.
- Reconcile all payments made at the end of every month and will submit a detailed report on the fleet and costs incurred by ZIH Project.
- Verify all fuel and maintenance bills and ensure that accurate amounts are paid to respective vendors.
- Ensure that there is a continuous supply of oils and lubricants (fuel) .
- Develop quarterly plans and forecasts all driver and motor vehicle needs.
- Assign vehicles and drivers according to the location, duration and condition of vehicles.
- Ensure ZIH assets including motor vehicles are utilized in an effective and efficient manner.
Staff Management and Supervision:
- Supervise operations, fleet and administrative staff.
- Review staff job descriptions and performance and developments plans to ensure high standards of performance are maintained, that necessary skills are acquired where gaps are noted.
- Provide the necessary coaching to drivers Operations, and administrative staff to ensure that they are up to date with the best practices in the sector.
- Evaluate the driver’s abilities to perform minor repairs and maintenance
- Orient project staff on safety and compliance requirements of Pact staff when out in the field.
- Update the Pact register of authorized drivers and will set reminder for any license renewals.
- Manage the driver, operations and administrative staff’s leave schedules in consultation with Human Resources team.
Vehicle Licensing and Safety:
- Review and manage vehicle insurance and will ensure that all project vehicles are licensed and have the appropriate licensing as per policy and statutory requirements.
- Ensure that all drivers undertake annual eye exams . The incumbent will facilitate the provision or corrective glasses where necessary or any other appropriate corrective action.
- Ensure that all drivers’ licenses are current and valid in line with statutory requirements. He/she will attend to all motor vehicle accidents and ensure appropriate documentation has been completed and submitted to HQ. The incumbent will ensure that claims on insurance are attended to.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Employee complies with all company policies and procedures, including completing all compliance training topics by the deadline to satisfy each, and receiving the corresponding acknowledgment statement that the training has been completed.
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration/Office Management (or equivalent).
- 3– 5 years’ experience in office administration.
- Prior supervisory experience, of at least 2 years.
- Understanding of national contract and procurement laws.
- Fluency in English.
- Concern for order and quality.
- Customer service.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Exceptional planning, budgeting, cost control, and time management skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to make presentations.
- Ability to problem solve difficult issues.
- Ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities.
- Good negotiating and conflict resolution skills.
- Competence using common desktop applications and internal systems.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
At Pact, we recognize your impact, offer you opportunities and support your total well-being. Our comprehensive benefit offerings may include healthcare, retirement (8.8% to 13% based on service tenure) and savings plans, paid time off, disability and life insurance programs, learning and development opportunities, wellness programs as well as other optional benefit elections .
With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. Pact seeks an environment free from COVID-19 and prefers all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Attestation of vaccination status will be required for employment with Pact. Unvaccinated employees may be subject to additional health and safety requirements to include any federal, state and/or client restrictions.
How to apply
Please apply on our website. https://careers-pactworld.icims.com/jobs/