Pro-Health International is a faith-based, non-profit organization that has provided free health care services to under-served populations in Nigeria for over 30 years. CDC and USAID have funded PHI to implement HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, and care projects, OVC projects and Global Health security projects.
The ICHSSA-4 project is a 5-year USAID-funded award that commenced in December 2019 and will run up until December 2024. The project is being implemented by a consortium of partners, with Pro-Health International (PHI) as the lead partner and Catholic Relief Services (CRS) as the sub in Adamawa, Bauchi Taraba, Sokoto, Zamfara and Kebbi states. The ICHSSA 4 project aims to ensurethat Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) are cared for and protected by their households, communities, local and state governments to reduce their vulnerability to HIV.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Sokoto Capital City, Sokoto
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- The Finance Officer will be responsible for supervising bank transactions, preparation of payment Vouchers and writing of cheques, posting of payment Vouchers and preparation of financial reports.
- Will be responsible for budget tracking, reviewing posted transactions in the Tally, bank reconciliation and ensuring timely remittances of statutory deductions.
- The Finance Officer will also be in charge of making requisition for funds, reimbursements and involvement in the capacity building of community-based organizations and hands-supports in financial management
- To ensure compliance with PHI manuals and USAID rules and regulations.
- Will keep proper financial records for donor and external audit’s view.
- He or She will participate in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual financial reports for donor agencies and PHI.
- Make daily postings to ensure income and expenditures are given proper treatment in the project financial system. Ensure that expenditures are within budgetary allocation and report variations
- Ensure efficient use of project resources and compliance with organizational, Nigerian and various
- Undertakes payroll preparation, tax and pension deductions and remit same appropriately
- Ensure efficient use of project resources and compliance with organizational, Nigerian, and various donor financial regulations and procedures, In addition, he or she will:
- Participates in monthly bank reconciliation for the program accounts.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list, rather it is intended to be indicative of the skills, efforts, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Minimum Qualifications / Skills
- Applicants must have BSc / HND in Accounting or other related Social Sciences.
- Also required is minimum of 3 years working experience
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word Excel and Tally, sound analytical, interpersonal and communication skills. Experience in managing USAID grants, rules and regulations.
- Familiarity with Nigeria NGOs contractual procedures and a relevant higher degree will an added advantage.
- Belonging or in the process of belonging to a Professional Accounting Body will be an advantage.
Application Closing Date
13th October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume / CV as one Document to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the mail.
- Pro-Health International is an equal–opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, colour, religion, etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Sokoto State Team Lead / Program Management Advisor – Care and Support at Pro-Health International
- Adolescent and Gender Officer at Pro-Health International
- Senior Manager / Head, Compliance & Risk Management at an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Nutrition Officer at Pro-Health International
- Program Officer, YPE4AH Nigeria at Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI)