Women in the New Nigeria (WINN) is a leading women-led and women’s rights non-governmental organization established in 2010 and legally incorporated in 2013, that focuses on women’s empowerment and enhancing the lives of youths. WINN has presence in 17 states in Nigeria, including FCT Abuja, and an international presence in eight (8) countries: North America (WINNA), WIN Ghana, WIN Mozambique, WIN South Africa, WIN Sierra Leone, WIN World UK, WIN Niger, WIN Cameroun.
We ensure that the structures and systems with which women, girls, and people with disabilities interact on a daily basis, such as safe spaces, health facilities, education, legal services, and community engagement activities, to name but a few, are accessible and conducive to the empowerment and support of all stakeholders through our programs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno (with frequent visits to field locations)
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: 3 Years
Start Date: September 2022
- WINN has been in partnership with CBM International, and has implemented several CBM funded project in Borno State, Nigeria. CBM has secured funding from German Federal Foreign Office (GFFO) which will be implemented by its partners WINN in Borno State.
- The program aims to improve living conditions and access to inclusive humanitarian assistance for populations affected by displacement due to complex humanitarian crises (IDPs, refugees, returnees) and members of host communities. With special attention to the needs and rights of persons with disabilities, measures in the two sectors of health and protection are intended to be implemented in Borno State.
General Position Summary
- The Finance Officer is responsible for all aspects of financial management of the program/project, ensuring compliance with WINN internal policies and procedures as well as donor regulations. S/he plays a crucial role in providing high quality financial management information necessary to support an effective humanitarian operation.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all financial transactions are processed accurately, in a timely manner, and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Identify problems and develop solutions for best financial practice
- Assist in writing of job descriptions for financial positions and selection of suitable applicants, where needed
- Establish banking arrangements and maintain liaison with principal bankers.
- Manage the day-to-day functioning of the finance section, including cash disbursements, cash receipts, etc.
- Establish an effective filing system which can provide easy access to information and proper documentation of all financial requirement
- Act upon any complaint raised in respect to financial issues by all staff and communicate feedback to them within 48 hours.
- Ensure daily posting of financial transactions in QuickBooks or any other financial reporting tool
- Ensure monthly reconciliations reports are prepared in line with financial policies and datelines
- Prepare financial reports in line with donor requirements and templates. Thus, continuously staying abreast with donor policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Settlement/payment of employee entitlements including salaries and allowances
- Ensuring that all required statutory deductions are made and subsequently paid to the appropriate authorities.
- Prepare for and support internal and external financial audits, providing all information required by local legislation, donors, HQ or other bodies.
- Reports Directly to: Finance Manger
- Works Directly with: Finance, Program, MEL, and Operation Teams, partner staff
- HND / BSc Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or relevant with 3 years’ experience required and profesional certification is an added advantage.
- Significant experience in similar positions.
- Ability to manage a team.
- Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, capacity to take initiatives
- Organizational skills
- Good writing and communication skills
- Ability to manage priorities
Application Closing Date
15th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and application letters electronically as one MS Document to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Technical Assistant – Community Art Management Services at the Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) – 7 Openings
- Monitoring & Evaluation Officer at Action Health Incorporated
- Senior Technical Officer – Prevention, Care and Treatment at the Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) – 2 Openings
- Psychosocial First Aid Volunteers at Women in the New Nigeria (WINN) – 20 Openings
- Community Case Worker at Women in the New Nigeria (WINN) – 20 Openings