Position: Finance & Operations Manager
The Finance & Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing all financial operations of Urgent Action Fund- Africa. They will provide strategic financial and operational leadership to ensure the financial sustainability, compliance and effectiveness of the organization.
- Support and implement the development of financial policies, procedures and internal controls to ensure compliance with statutory, regulatory and organizational requirements.
- Monitor the annual budget and track expenditure and income of the organization, ensuring that resources are allocated effectively and efficiently in line with the strategic plan.
- Generate quarterly financial and cashflow reports, monthly cash in hand reports and review monthly financial reports prepared by the Finance & Operations Associate.
- Prepare audit schedules for project audits and institutional audits with the support of the Finance & Operations Associate.
- Manage day-to-day financial operations, including payroll, grants management, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Update the fixed assets register & office equipment list and ensure safe use/custody.
- Work closely with program teams to prepare program budgets, ensure monitoring and evaluation of program results, and provide guidance on financial implications of program decisions.
- Oversee cash management and ensure adequate liquidity to meet operational needs.
- Maintain vendor relations and seek out cost-effective and value aligned alternatives
- Reconcile monthly activity reports working closely with the Finance & operations Associate and the Director Finance & Operations.
- Monitor and analyse financial performance and provide regular reports to the Director Finance & Operations.
- Ensure compliance with local tax laws and regulations.
- Develop capacity of finance staff and support effective teamwork within the organization.
- Engaging in bench marking activities to find ways of improving the way we work, make optimal use of time and resources.
Accounting or Finance degree with professional qualification (ACCA/CPA III) and membership to the relevant professional body.
Skills and Experience
- 7- 9 years of experience in finance and accounting, with at least 3 years at a senior management level.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing financial policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Experience in budgeting, financial analysis and reporting, preferably in an NPO context.
- Knowledge of various accounting softwares required.
- Experience managing grants and compliance with donor requirements.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office and accounting software.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure and under tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
This is a regional position that involves some national, regional and international travel. UAF-Africa is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices. In order to build the strongest possible workforce, UAF-Africa actively seeks a diverse applicant pool. The Fund is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
How to apply
How to Apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on UAF-Africa website & apply for this role using the below link:
No phone calls please.
We thank all those who apply, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. To learn more about UAF-Africa and our programs, please visit our website at http://www.uaf-africa.org/