Position: Financial Analyst (Treasury), BRAC International Holdings B.V.
A critical role within the finance and accounts team of BRAC International Holdings B.V. (BIHBV). S/he will work closely with the Investment Manager, BIHBV, and the Treasury Manager, BIHBV, to ensure the smooth running of the treasury functions of the Dutch-based holding company, BIHBV, the holding level debt finance company (BRAC International Finance B.V. (BIFBV)) as well as select Microfinance (MFI) entities out of the MFI operations in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Liberia, and Ghana. The activities the analyst will be expected to support will include budgeting/ forecasting, cash management, surplus funds investment, financial risk management, capital budgeting, sourcing funds and investor relations.
The analyst will gain broad-based exposure to the operations of this mission-focused organization with the potential to specialize as they advance. They will be expected to take initiative early on and will have the opportunity to grow and develop as the team expands. The role will be hands-on with the opportunity to travel to countries of operation.
- Take ownership of budgeting and forecasting tools for BIHBV, BIFBV and select MFI entities, working closely with the Treasury Manager, Investment Manager, and in-country finance teams for inputs, and analysing and presenting outputs on a twice-yearly basis
- Review and analyse budgets and forecasts for the other MFI entities working closely with the Analysts from the accounting team (country focals)
- Support the Treasury Manager with the development of financial risk analysis tools and take ownership of those tools
- Undertake research and analysis into potential investment opportunities for surplus funds at the direction of the Treasury Manager
- Support the Investment Manager with management of and communications with existing investors, including working with Analysts from the accounting teams in respect of getting the necessary inputs for quarterly reporting materials
- Support the Investment Manager with outreach to potential new investors, including researching and developing investor lists, producing outreach materials, and scheduling meetings and taking notes
- Support the Investment Manager and Finance Director, BIHBV, through investment and transaction processes with investors
- Undertake other duties as delegated by supervisors.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, and encourage others to do so.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferably in Finance/Accounting/ Economics.
- Candidates currently studying or recently received certification in Recognised Professional Qualifications in Finance may apply.
- Knowledge of corporate finance gained either through studies or professional experience
- Proficiency with MS Office, including strong fluency with Excel formulas and functions and producing compelling presentations in PowerPoint;
- Financial modelling an advantage;
- Strong research, analysis and data-gathering skills;
- Strong English writing skills (additional languages welcome);
- Strong interpersonal/ communication skills;
- Ability to take initiative and independent decisions.
- Graduates with 1-3 years of experience working in a corporate finance or corporate-finance-related role, such as with an investment bank, consultancy/ advisory firm, financial institution, investment organization, commercial organization or possibly an NGO;
- Experience of working for (or a demonstrable desire to work for) an organization whose mission is to provide a range of financial services responsibly to people at the bottom of the pyramid with a focus on women living in poverty in rural and hard-to-reach areas;
- Experience working in or with emerging or frontier markets;
- Experience in microfinance will be an added advantage.
Employment Type: Contractual
Job Location: The Hague, the Netherlands or Nairobi, Kenya
How to apply
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
External candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, why you are interested in a career with BIHBV, what motivates you about BRAC’s mission, current and expected salary at firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal candidates need to apply with their latest CV including all job assignments in detail with BRAC PIN and email to email@example.com
Please mention the name of the position and AD# BI 17/23 in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 25 May 2023
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedure include extensive background checks and disclosure of criminal records in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer