Are you a financial inclusion enthusiast with a passion for empowering smallholder farmers to enhance their resilience through climate-profiled smart agricultural practices? Do you have experience working with a wide range of partners, including private sector and financial institutions to leverage opportunities for smallholder farmers? Are you creative and proactive, with a proven ability to effectively work with innovative financial solutions and support teams to deliver results?
DCA is recruiting an experienced and energetic Kenyan National for the following position of: Financial Inclusion and Organisational Development Project Officer – AgriTech Solutions Project; The position is based in Nakuru, with frequent field travel to Nyandarua, Siaya and Busia Counties and reports to the Project Coordinator – AgriTech Solutions Project.
The main responsibilities of the PO are:
- Manage all the DCA direct implemented financial inclusion and organisational capacity development activities of the project. This includes the DCA self-implemented components in Nakuru and Nyandarua counties and partner led actions in Busia and Siaya County
- Facilitate DCA initiated innovations at the field level in close consultations with the Project Coordinator (PC), Area Program Manager (APM), Head of Programme (HoP) and DCA consortium partners. These will include private sector & universities partners and related innovation, incubation and prototyping to enhance financial inclusion and organisational capacity development.
- Support the day to day implementation of DCA and Partner staff project interventions at the field level. This entails development and execution of detailed implementation plans, having a teaching and facilitative role, staff supervision as well as monitoring and evaluation of the project.
- Network and coordinate with other field operational I/NGOs, UN Agencies and County Government and explore/advise on possible areas of collaboration/partnerships to enhance program synergy.
- Facilitate, support and initiate digitised baseline, monitoring and evaluation data collection and other assessments and generate relevant reports as well as support initiation of relevant concept paper development at the field level as part of DCA fundraising efforts.
- Facilitate/support collaboration and cross learning among DCA projects & partners through information sharing, exposure visits and active partner participation in DCA platforms/forums.
- Facilitate logistical arrangements for DCA staff, consultant field visits and donor visits in consultation with the PC and APM.
- Perform any other responsibilities as determined and assigned by the Project Manager from time to time.
- University level education in agri-business, agro-economics, social sciences or any other relevant academic qualification.
- Technical skills and hands on experience in financial inclusion, organisational capacity development and market systems development programming (preferably working with private sector actors).
- Knowledge of the rights-based approach & Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS) is an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills and a proven team player. Self-driven and results orientated in challenging rural working environments.
· Experience in training at field/community level and excellent reporting skills. Excellence in English, oral and written.
How to apply
Apply online through: https://dca-1.career.emply.com/ad/financial-inclusion-and-organizational-development-project-officer-agritech-sol/p2pfb0**
Only online applications will be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DCA offers: The position is for 21 months. DCA offers a salary package (salary, insurance, and benefits) in accordance to experience and DCA Kenya HR Manual. DCA is an equal opportunity employer and all interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of race, gender, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
DCA conducts a thorough anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment period. **