Save the Children International Kenya Country, office has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as FMS Administration Intern. The role holder will be responsible for developing and maintaining existing & new modules of the Finance Management System (FMS) implemented on Agresso. The primary focus will be on implementing new functionality in the FMS system, as directed by the SCI global strategy. The role holder will also be responsible for being part of the 2nd & 3rd line support queue, helping support analysts to resolve problem which require source code analysis, or advanced business knowledge The FMS Admin Intern will work closely with country, regional and centre based finance teams to provide reporting and analytical information to assist in the running of an efficient and effective finance global function The FMS Admin Intern will work with the FMS Technical Architect and other FMS Developers in other locations to provide a reliable, scalable and performant Agresso system to all SCI countries and those members that participate in the shared service. The candidate will be provided with on the job training and experience as part of Transformation delivery projects. The role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field such as IT, Finance, Mathematics (candidates without such qualifications will be considering if they can demonstrate appropriate technical skills as shown in the experience and skills section)
- Proven technical skills in a mainstream programming language, or database system (cross training will be provided if required)
- Good T-SQL language skills
- Strong understanding of the business processes of a financial Management systems preferably an ERP
- A desire to work on an enterprise level ERP / finance system based on the Microsoft stack (Windows Server, .NET, SQL Server, IIS)
- Ability to explain complex technical and non-technical information in a succinct and compelling manner to all levels of seniority
- Desire to work in an IT development role
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Familiar with CI/CD process for global development team, allowing for frequent code updates with zero downtime
- Knowledge of major cloud service providers, like AWS, Azure etc.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Experience of exposure to the non-for-profit sector and/or developing countries
- Knowledge in Automated build and deployment process with tools like Jenkins and Maven, eliminating 80% of manual work
- Knowledge of using GitHub, including branching, merging, and tagging
- Good hands-on knowledge of Source Code Management (Version Control System) tools like Git and Subversion
- Good understanding of Infrastructure as Code (Programmable Infrastructure), and how you can achieve that by using tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible etc.
Save the children international employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.
- Job City Kenya