Save the Children International Kenya Country office has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as Food Security and Livelihoods Coordinator. The role holder will lead the implementation of Food Security and Livelihood activities- Emergency drought response project in Garissa and Wajir Counties. Supervise the work of the local partners for the project, establish relevant partnership with state and non-state actors for the project implementation, organize for consultative meetings with key partners, organize programme review meetings, and support with emergency response preparedness and planning. The drought response project is aimed at improving food and nutrition security for drought affected communities in Garissa and Wajir Counties. This position is contingent upon donor approval and funding.
Contract Duration: 12 months
No of Vacancies: One (1) Position
Reporting to: Project Manager
Nationality: Kenya Nationals only
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Social sciences, economics, development, food security and livelihoods, nutrition, agriculture/livestock production or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience of managing the project cycle, including assessments, project design, proposal and report writing, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Extensive and proven experience in management and implementation of food security and nutrition projects in Arid and Semi-Arid Lands (ASAL) or similar context.
- Excellent planning, coordination, facilitation and reporting skills, with the ability to organize and manage substantial workload. Experience of working with and coordinating with multiple stakeholders including the government required.
- Highly developed research, analytical, monitoring and evaluation, and report-writing abilities;
- Strong, demonstrable, financial management skills, particularly in budgeting and reporting;
- Strong communication, people management and interpersonal skills, with experience in leading multicultural, multi-location, values driven teams;
- Experience working in the marginalised communities in Northern Kenya and understanding of challenges facing women, youth and children in Kenya.
- Computer literacy, particularly in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Commitment to Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding and other global policies, and values.
- Excellent understanding of child rights programming.
Save the children international employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at .
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Female Candidate are strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=a2FiZGltdWhzaW4uNTY4NTAuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZ…