Health Information Systems Program Nigeria (HISP) is Nigeria’s leading health informatics organization. HISP works to build evidence based health information for equitable planning and functional action. Incorporated in 2006, HISP works as part of the global HISP Network is a regional leader in providing DHIS2 design, management and backstopping.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Front Desk Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The front desk will assume the duty of receptionist and undertake all clerical/administrative duties at the desk of our main entrance in order to optimize workflow procedures in the office
- He/She will ensure effective and professional communication between HISP Nigeria and its visitors both internal and external, and will assist colleagues and executives by supporting them with planning and distributing information
- Being the face of the organization, and the first point of contact, the front desk representative must have a friendly and easy-going personality while also being very perceptive and disciplined, dealing with complaints and giving accurate information at all times.
- Receive and direct visitors appropriately
- Receive office correspondence and keep an updated register of correspondence received
- Keep front desk tidy, presentable and free of clutter.
- Ensure all relevant visibility materials are on display at the reception for visitors
- Manage all access into the office for visitors and report any challenge with the access control to supervisor.
- Handle all incoming and outgoing calls professionally and redirect them when necessary
- Prepare and disseminate correspondence, memos and forms
- Develop and maintain a filing system to enable easy retrieval
- Check frequently the levels of office supplies and place appropriate orders
- Assist in the provision of logistical support for meetings and workshops
- Support basic admin and procurement system process to facilitate effective vendor management.
- Any other general administrative duties as will be assigned from time to time
- Minimum of OND, HND or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or any related field
- 1-2 years of working experience will be an added advantage.
- Proven work experience as a Secretary or Administrative Assistant
- Familiarity with office organization and optimization techniques
- Familiarity with office machines (e.g. scanners, printer etc.)
- Knowledge of office management and basic bookkeeping
- Proficient in English (oral and written)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office package (especially Excel and Word)
- Customer service orientation
- Strong communication and people skills
- Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
Application Closing Date
24th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail and state their salary expectation.