Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Full Stack Developers
Requisition ID: req14689
Project Overview and Role
- Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to support the HIV and COVID-19 response.
- Data.FI partners with programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV and COVID-19 epidemic control and maintenance. By improving global, regional, national, and community/local in-depth analyses of HIV and COVID-19 epidemiologic and programmatic data, Data.FI expedites program achievements to improve client services and attain and sustain control of the epidemics.
- Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS), informing management responses to gaps in programming and sustaining impact by supporting local partner transition.
Purpose of Position
- We are recruiting a skilled Full Stack Developers to join the software engineering team on Data.FI responsible for the design and development of various technology products that support health and social services. They will work with tech leads and product managers to ideate software solutions and design client and server-side architecture.
- The Full Stack Developers will be responsible for, among others, building services using Java and Spring Boot working within a Linux environment, deploying, and managing services on both AWS and Microsoft Azure, and using Postgres to interact with relational data.
- The Full Stack Developers will report to the Informatics Team Lead. These are full-time positions with a contract for 1 year, renewable subject to availability of funding.
- Health Informatics Team Lead at Palladium Group
- Operations Manager – Nigeria IHP at Palladium Group
- M & E / Data Analytics Interns Lead at Palladium Group
- Consultant – Building Basics Terms of Reference (ToR) at the International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Project Director at Internews
- Grants and Compliance Manager at Action Against Hunger
- Health Finance Advisor – Nigeria IHP at Palladium Group
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the development of web-based high-capacity information systems for cloud and local environments.
- Evaluate existing systems and maintain detailed technical documentation for all products developed, including system design documents, data dictionaries, and database design.
- Build and maintain test and evaluation environments as required.
- Design and execute performance and security tests, produce reports on these systems as appropriate.
- Design and develop REST-based web services utilizing Java Spring Boot.
- Apply design principles and patterns in creating enterprise-level solutions, as needed.
- Perform web services tuning and performance testing.
- Implement unit tests as needed.
- Support Front End Developers in leveraging web services.
- Automate/script common developer tasks, and continually optimize personal and team workflows.
- Infrastructure setup and configuration.
- Engage in code review and feedback process.
- Take a feature from inception to completion independently across the stack.
- Collaborate with teammates on proposed UX/UI and provide feedback as needed.
- Participate in and support the entire SDLC process.
- Solid knowledge of responsive web design using Bootstrap and related technologies.
- Experience with relational databases, schema design, and performance analysis.
- Experience deploying solutions using containers and other cloud technologies.
- Modern Java capabilities and techniques.
- Good knowledge of Spring Boot, Spring Security, Spring JPA, and Hibernate.
- Relational data modeling concepts and experience in PostgreSQL, MySQL, or similar applications.
- Adopted opinionated RESTful web services design patterns.
- Microservices-based application architecture.
- Application containerization technologies, including Docker, Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of standards for systems integration such as REST, OAUTH2, and OIDC.
- Experience with Git or similar version control systems.
- Knowledge of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Experience with global goods for digital health such as DHIS, OpenMRS and OpenHIE will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online