Position Name:**GBV Survivor Advocacy Supervision Consultant
Location: Ebonyi and Sokoto
Slot: 1 person per state
Consultancy Period: 4 months (June to September 2022)
JHPIEGO, an affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, builds global and local partnerships to enhance the quality of healthcare services for women and families around the world. Jhpiego is a global leader in the creation of innovative and effective approaches to developing human resources for health. At JHPIEGO, we value our customers who have our respect, responsiveness, and commitment to excellent; our staff and global network of colleagues who bring cultural diversity, innovation and a wealth of world experience; and our work culture, which is reflected in our team spirit, transparent communication, mutual respect, flexibility and dedication.
The “MOMENTUM Country and Global Leadership” (MCGL), is a four-year USAID funded project led by Jhpiego in consortium partnership with Save the Children, PACT and The Manhoff Group (TMG). The project focuses on prevention and mitigation of the consequences of violence against women and girls and addressing possible drivers of Child Early and Forced Marriage (CEFM) and is being implemented in Sokoto and Ebonyi States, to address four technical areas viz: Sexual violence (SV), Intimate Partner Violence (IPV), CEFM and early adoption of family planning. As part of its learning agenda, the project will be conducting a mixed methods study to determine the feasibility and acceptability of the survivor advocacy intervention, as well as its contributions to increased support, safety, self-efficacy and well-being of GBV survivors. The study will cover be implemented in a total of four LGAs (4 communities) in Sokoto and Ebonyi State.
- Provide technical support to 8 Community Leaders across 2 LGAs (in each state) with respect to counseling and other aspects of the implementation as well challenges that may arise.
- Assess the feasibility and acceptability of community leaders to act as GBV survivor advocates
- Assess the GBV survivor advocacy approach towards survivors’ perceived contributions to increased support, safety, self-efficacy and well-being
- Provide technical support to 8 Community Leaders across 2 LGAs (in each state) with respect to counseling and other aspects of the implementation as well challenges that may arise
- Participate in the data collection training for Research Assistant
- Participate in the training of community leaders
- Conduct routine supervision and mentoring visit to study communities and ensure fidelity to the survivor advocacy implementation
- Resolve challenges and other study issues that may arise
- Participate in routine meetings with the study team
- Provide weekly update on observed issues and how they were resolved
- Work closely with the STL to support the facilities and carry out other tasks assigned by the STL
- An advanced degree in Sociology, medical or health sciences research is required
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in public health and/or international development programs, with a focus on gender and/or gender-based violence
- Experience in mentoring and supervision in clinical settings
- Registered Nurse or Midwife is an added advantage
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills are essential
- Good spoken and written English
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines at short notice
- Excellent report writing skills
- Familiarity with international donors and social development report writing requirements will be an added advantage
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the link.
Application Closing date:
Close of Business Wednesday 1st June 2022
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job City Ebonyi, Sokoto