Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Gender and Social Inclusion (GSI) Manager, Nigeria Livestock
ACDI/VOCA is seeking an experienced Gender and Social Inclusion (GSI) Manager for an anticipated livestock program in Nigeria funded by USAID. The Activity will explore practical, cost effective, and multi-stakeholder adaptation solutions to improve livelihoods of poor and vulnerable communities in target states.
The GSI Manager will lead the development and implementation of the program’s overall strategy for GSI and will ensure the integration of women and other vulnerable populations into all program activities. The program is anticipated to start in late December 2022 and this position will be based in Nigeria.
- Provide GSI technical advice and trainings to program staff, partners, and stakeholders to build their capacity to integrate gender considerations into designing interventions, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation
- Lead or assist in the design and implementation of GSI analyses, impact assessments, and other learning studies
- Review and provide input to project work plans, with attention to GSI dimensions of technical activities and operations and discuss GSI issues and priorities with project senior management and other technical specialists
- Liaise with technical component leaders to ensure that gender considerations are assessed and accounted for
- Support the M&E Lead to plan the collection and analysis of relevant data and assist in the collection and analysis of sex-disaggregated data
- Work with M&E team to identify GSI learning questions and outcomes
- Incorporate gender considerations into the Performance Monitoring Plan, with an emphasis on designing indicators that will drive high-value project activities
- Maintain an up-to-date and thorough understanding of gender issues related to project components
- Write, coordinate, and disseminate lessons learned among team and program partners
- Bachelor’s degree in gender studies, sociology, or relevant field required; master’s degree preferred
- 7 years of relevant experience working including five years focused on GSI issues
- Knowledge of do no harm and women’s empowerment frameworks and approaches is required
- Previous USAID-funded project experience strongly preferred
- Experience conducting gender analysis and research a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
- Fluency in English (written and oral) is required; Knowledge of regional languages is a plus
Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.