Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Gender-based Violence (GBV) Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
- The GBV officer will be responsible for contributing to the timely and quality implementation of activities, deliver continuous technical coaching, perform monitoring and evaluation of the quality of GBV related work and capacity building of staff who will be working with in GBV prevention and response.
- The GBV officer will support in the provision of training and supervising GBV social and Community Workers to respond to cases of GBV in the targeted urban area and ensure effective case management and GBV prevention activities, respectively.
- They will oversee the implementation of the GBV program within their designated sites.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to maintain high quality program inputs and outputs in the Protection / GBV in program implementation
- Collect data and figures from field team and compile and submit monthly quarterly and annual reports of ongoing projects to Medical Supervisor.
- Supervise GBV and protection related field activities under the directions of Medical supervisor, with technical direction from GBV TA
- Ensure that protection staff (including implementing partner team members) are properly trained and equipped to do their jobs.
- Assign tasks & duties to Protection / GBV field staff regarding monthly work plans
- Manage and assist in implementation of work plans for GBV and protection related activities in coordination with the Medical Supervisor
- Ensure proper documentation of Protection / GBV project
- Maintain records and supply chain to youth clubs & skill centers
- Prepare weekly reports on GBV/Protection activities and contribute to ARC donor reports
- Conduct Field Visits on weekly basis as advised by the supervisor.
- Attend any meeting / training / workshop / conference as suggested by the GBV TA, after validation of the medical supervisor
- Contribute practically and by bringing new ideas for improvement of service delivery at field.
- To give more focus on GBV activities with the close coordination with filed team for bringing improvement in GBV activities.
- Initiate planning for longer-term GBV prevention and response activities, including referral pathway and standard operating procedures.
- Maintain, monitor and measure GBV project implementation and contribute to effective information management on GBV survivors.
- Closely work with the protection officer and ensure that staff implement and respect best-practice and international standards in GBV prevention and response.
- Participate in the design of project activities, monitoring systems and capacity building activities for partners, community member and children.
- Oversee awareness raising activities and support the development of messaging.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with relevant stakeholders including partner agencies, community leaders, CBO and local NGOs and service providers.
- Ensure that all Gbv clinic staff follow recommended national and international IPC protocols.
- All technical trainings and supports must be based on up-to-date National guidelines, MDM guidelines and WHO guidelines as needed.
Team management and support at the field level:
- Provide supervision to the team in the field
- Liaise with each member of the team in provision of health services.
- Ensure that team have necessary available resources to achieve team objective.
Collect, compile, and analyze weekly epidemiological data:
- Compile the, daily and weekly activities report to submit to the the medical supervisor
- Participate in the weekly computerisation and analysis of the medical data.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 2 years relevant work experience.
Application Closing Date
23rd September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to:email@example.com using ”GBV Officer” as the subject of the email.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Procurement Assistant at the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- EWER Senior Program Officer for WANEP at Mercy Corps
- Volunteer at Care Best Initiative (CBI) – 2 Openings
- Investment Officer (Associate) at International Finance Corporation (IFC) – World Bank Group
- Humanitarian Affairs Officer – Reports at the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)