Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Gender, Social Media and Youth Engagement Optimizer
Job ID: 2022-4808
Employment Status: Temporary
- We are seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of Gender, social media and youth engagement optimizer within the Maximizing Options to Advance Informed Choice for HIV Prevention (MOSAIC) project with significant support to the RISE project, in its Nigeria office.
- MOSAIC (a consortium of local and international partners led by FHI 360 along with core partners Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (Wits RHI), Pangaea Zimbabwe AIDS Trust (PZAT), LVCT Health, Jhpiego, and AVAC) is a five-year (2021–2026) global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Its goal is to help women in sub-Saharan Africa prevent HIV by accelerating introduction and scale-up of new biomedical prevention products. MOSAIC strives to generate, synthesize, and promote evidence to strengthen existing platforms for PrEP service delivery and to facilitate introduction of new PrEP products.
- In collaboration with national health authorities, civil society and community representatives, and relevant stakeholders, MOSAIC will address questions about demand, supply, access, uptake and use patterns, and barriers to HIV prevention product introduction through implementation science-based studies in five MOSAIC countries.
- Work with MOSAIC project team to identify ways to optimise engagement of young people, particularly Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) with MOSAIC programmes and activities within the framework of PrEP implementation
- Support initiatives to empower AGYW to access and utilize PrEP services
- Identify ways to measure youth engagement in PrEP-focused demand generation (DG) activities
- Under the guidance of Snr DG Advisor, work with the demand generation team to promote opportunities and involvement of AGYW through a range of digital platforms and create opportunities for AGYW to share their stories
- Ensure gender integration in the day-to-day DG activities to ensure that gender equity principles are incorporated into all MOSAIC project
- Monitor and report on gender issues, and ensure that interventions are sensitive to issues of inclusion of vulnerable population groups.
- Develop AGYW-focused video contents on PrEP for Digital Platforms
- Manage and regularly update MOSAIC’s social media platforms
- Support the processes of content creation for the Digital Platforms
- Ensure that all activity and engagement with AGYW complies with policies and procedures
- An Academic Degree in Communication, Behavioral Science or any of the Social Sciences
- At least 2 years post NYSC experience in any of the required areas of work/expected role
Knowledge,Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working with young people and creating opportunities for them to lead and have their voice heard
- Familiarity with gender issues and gender dimensions of programming
- Demonstrable experience using the digital platforms to promote public health initiatives, reach and influence groups in the community
- Proven experience of engaging widely with a broad youth audience
- Track record and experience of developing content for digital media platforms
- Experience and good understanding of youth participation.
- Monthly Gross Salary: N200,000.
- Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package including: medical and dental plans; paid vacation, holidays and sick leave; personal accident insurance; 403(b) retirement plan; life and disability insurance; travel insurance; education assistance plan and more.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- PSEA National Focal Point Officer at the Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
- Deputy Response Coordinator – Operations at Family Health International (FHI 360)
- Consultant – Skills Gap Analysis in Key Economic Sectors to establish diaspora skills matching Schemes in Ethiopia, Uganda and Kenya
- Consultant – National Expert – Regional Study on Remittances and their Potential Use in Migrant Remittance Receiving Households
- Research Associate, APPEALS Socio Emotional Skills Project at Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) Nigeria