Locations : Ghana (Any)
Time type : Full time
Job requisition id : Requisition – 2021202414
The Gender, Youth, and Disability Advisor will be an FHI 360 employee working and placed at the main project office. Under the guidance of the SBC Technical Director/Deputy Chief of Party, the Gender, Youth, and Disability Advisor will lead with assessment, coordination, mentorship, and implementation of gender/ disability sensitive and transformative, as well as youth-friendly components integrated into SBC and service improvement activities across government and affiliated partners; monitoring gender and youth integration as part of consortium partner quality of supportive supervision; and providing focused technical assistance as needed to government and national partner teams.
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Leading the gender equity, disability and social inclusion assessment in conjunction with the Ghana Health Service Health Promotion Division, FHI 360 HQ-based Gender Advisor, and consortium partners.
- Implementing evidence-based approaches to improving gender, disability and social inclusion, including male engagement and participation, with government and other partners for integration within project activities.
- Providing technical support in the development, and dissemination of tools, strategies for technical assistance and mentorship, materials, reports, and intervention for gender and disability inclusion and integration within youth-friendly RMNCAH, WASH, malaria and nutrition services.
- Working closely with assigned team to ensure activities and mentorship are implemented according to GESI, disability and positive youth development best practices and frameworks.
- Maintaining routine assessment of changes in international guidelines and best practices and providing input on these changes to assist with inclusion of gender and disability provisions within government partner policy, strategy, and guideline revisions.
- Monitoring and maintaining protocols, instruments, data sets, manuals, training and monitoring materials and reports.
- Willingness to travel to priority districts in northern Ghana for technical assistance provision and quality assurance.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in gender, social and behavior change, health, sociology, psychology, public health or related field.
- 5-8 years of technical assistance experience in gender and social inclusion, particularly in the reproductive and child health areas and social and behavior change.
- Demonstrated understanding of Positive Youth Development principles and best practices and youth engagement and youth-friendly service delivery
- Proficiency with database management software, Microsoft Office Suite, and on-line search tools required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and one or more local languages.
- Has sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas, particularly regarding spousal consent issues and patient autonomy.
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with stakeholders.
- Prior work experience in a similar position within a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private company. Experience working with the Ghana Health Service preferred
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills and strong ability to manage and meet multiple tasks.
- Substantial experience of developing working relations with government stakeholders; training and capacity development experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures with providing technical support for gender and social inclusion activities/ projects, including gender integration into M&E systems, gender norm transformation and SBC approaches, GBV prevention and response, and gender sensitive health service delivery.
- Qualitative research experience, including tool development, data collection around sensitive topics, and data analysis preferred.
- Qualified female and/or candidates with disabilities particularly encouraged to apply.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package , professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.