Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
ACDI/VOCA is seeking qualified candidates for Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion (GYSI) Director role for anticipated programs in Liberia funded by USAID and envisioned to start in Fall 2022.
The GYSI Director will lead the development and implementation of the program’s strategy for GYSI and will ensure the integration of women, youth, and other vulnerable populations into all program activities. This position will be based in Liberia.
- Regional Emergency Officer at International Organization for Migration
- Project Officer (Counter-Trafficking (CT) / Assistance to Vulnerable Migrants (AVM)) at International Organization for Migration
- Operations Officer (Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM)) at International Organization for Migration
- Associate Resettlement and Complementary Pathways Officer at UN High Commissioner for Refugees
- Associate Protection Officer at UN High Commissioner for Refugees
- Collaborate with lead personnel to ensure the integration of GYSI concepts and approaches into all program activities, including technical implementation, monitoring, operations, policies, and procedures
- Provide technical advice and trainings to program staff, partners, and stakeholders to build their capacity to integrate gender, youth, and other relevant social considerations into designing interventions, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation
- Lead the design and implementation of GYSI analyses, impact assessments, and other learning studies
- Review and provide input to project work plans, with attention to GYSI dimensions of technical activities and operations, and discuss GYSI issues and priorities with project senior management and other technical specialists
- Support the M&E team in ensuring that all data is disaggregated by sex and age in data collection processes, analysis, and reporting
- Work with M&E team to develop GYSI indicators and learning questions, and ensure that the project reports on GYSI outcomes and impacts
- Lead or assist in the preparation of reports and documents for submission to USAID and ACDI/VOCA home office
- Promote and advocate thorough understanding of GYSI related issues across activity components
- Write, coordinate, and disseminate lessons learned among team and program stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in gender, sociology, agriculture, economics, business administration, or relevant field required; master’s degree preferred
- At least 7 years of experience in GYSI and/or resilience programming required; 5 years of managing staff preferred
- Knowledge of proven approaches and best practices for integrating women, youth, and other historically excluded populations into agriculture, market systems, and/or food security programs
- Knowledge of do no harm, women’s empowerment, and positive youth development frameworks and approaches is required
- Experience conducting gender analysis and research a plus
- Previous USAID-funded project experience in Liberia preferred
- Fluency in English required
Liberian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Job City Liberia