The Cadasta Foundation provides a platform and digital tools to help marginalized communities and individuals around the world document their land, property, and resource rights. We are seeking a GIS Business Analyst to support the implementation of GIS projects around the world. This may include business case analysis, project requirements gathering and documentation, configuration of software and GIS solutions, advanced spatial analysis, and delivery of GIS training and technical support.
The Analyst will be responsible for delivering GIS solutions to partners and teammates. Successful candidates will utilize strong technical and people skills to pull, analyze and report data trends, effectively share that information with others, and apply those insights to improve business processes. They must possess a clear understanding of how systems, products and tools work and then analyze how best to apply them to Cadasta’s context.
This role will begin as a part-time consultant, with an opportunity to increase levels of effort depending on workload. The candidate must be comfortable with conducting virtual communication and support to remote locations, often in developing countries and emerging economies. Cadasta is currently a work-from-anywhere organization, so U.S. and global candidates are eligible to apply.
The position reports to the Technology Director and will work with a range of international and national partners (including governments, NGOs, companies, and local civil society and community organizations). Projects span sectors (agriculture, urban settlements, landscapes and forests) and support project needs of national and international partner organizations, participatory mapping using the Cadasta’s GIS solutions for data collection, data management, data analysis and advocacy and storytelling.
As a member of a small team, the consultant has the opportunity to work with a growing and dynamic organization dedicated to improving the lives of vulnerable people through land and resource rights. Flexibility and a willingness to chip in, collaborate, and learn are key in this role Cadasta offers a welcoming, people-first environment dedicated to a healthy work-life balance.
- ### Business Analysis
- Analyze the organizational structure, how we use technology and what our goals are;
- Identify problems and inefficiencies, including through using data modeling techniques, present findings, and support the team in implementing improvements;
- Communicate with senior managers to understand the goals and outcomes to be achieved through the application of technology;
- Research and persuade internal and external stakeholders of the benefits of new technology or strategies to solve client challenges;
- Support the Director of Technology in overseeing the implementation of new technology and systems;
- Develop content and effective teaching methods to deliver workshops and technical training sessions, adapting to the audiences’s knowledge and skill levels;
- Create detailed business analysis, outlining problems, opportunities, and solutions;
- Generate specification documents similar to BPR, SRS or similar as solutions are developed and implemented; and
- Support the team in collecting and documenting partner feedback.
- ### GIS Specialist
- Reconcile software coding errors and resolve complex GIS and other technical problems;
- Develop and implement quality control/assurance guidelines for GIS projects;
- Compile and integrate geographic data from a variety of sources;
- Provide technical user support for all aspects of geospatial data and software;
- Develop functional specifications and coordinate testing and integration of development activities;
- Support implementation of configuration for new and existing GIS systems that meet solution requirements; and
- Work in collaboration with stakeholders as required to support projects and ensure project methods, approaches, and control standards are met.
- ### Other tasks and duties as assigned
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum five years of relevant work experience;
- A college degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field of land administration, international development, GIS, geography, software development, or other relevant area
- GIS certification a plus
- Business Analysis certification a plus
- Must have demonstrated experience using ESRI ArcGIS software products
- Experience scripting in Python
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Experience solving technical problems in creative ways
- Experience working on issues pertaining to land and resource rights a plus
- Excellent English written communication skills and experience writing technical reports for both end users and funding partners; Other languages a plus
- Effective oral and verbal communication skills with a focus on making technology easy for non-technical groups to understand
- Must be able to work in a variety of social and cultural settings around the world
- Understanding of needs and constraints of users in emerging market context with limited technical experience and access
- Collaboration with a globally dispersed team and regular meetings with development team will require work outside of standard business hours
- Assignment on contract basis;
- Rates determined by Cadasta’s pay scale and relevant experience;
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until filled; and
- Some international travel may be required.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and salary/rate information.
How to apply
Please apply via this link: https://cadasta.breezy.hr/p/6f5f76b4bc2e-business-analyst-and-gis-specialist