Self Help Africa is now inviting applications for the role of Global AgriEnterprise Advisor based in Dakar or Nairobi.
Part of our Global Team of Advisors the main purpose of this role is to lead our strategy on agribusiness opportunities for smallholder farmers, their associations, cooperatives, etc. Success in this role will be demonstrated by a measurable increase in farmer incomes, through improved market access, attracting additional financing into farmer organisations, strengthened organisation structures, and ensuring better business acumen in every farmer organisation we work with.
You will be responsible for:
- Market System Development: develop a consolidated approach to Market Systems Development across the organisation. Track international best practice. Develop and maintain appropriate guidelines and resources and disseminate to programme teams.
- Sustainable Food Systems: provide vision and inspiration to assist agri-food enterprises to provide safe, nutritious and affordable food to all.
- Enterprise Community of Practice: Build the SHA Enterprise Community of Practice.
- Training and capacity building: provide bespoke training to SHA field staff, partners and clients on Enterprise-related topics.
- Recruitment: support country offices to recruit enterprise specialists.
- Technical Support: provide detailed support, including sourcing external expertise, for the design and implementation of projects covering, but not limited to:
- Cooperative management and development
- Social Enterprise development.
- Agro Enterprise management
- Market and Value Chain Analysis
- Value addition for agricultural produce.
- Project Appraisal
- Business Planning
- Access to financial services and products: SACCOs, VSLAs, Micro Finance / Cooperative Bank, insurance and risk management.
- FinTech: track the rapidly expanding field of mobile financial service appropriate for SHA beneficiaries.
- Intellectual Property (IP) management.
- Market based approaches for the delivery of WASH services.
- graduation of farmer-led enterprises from grant to commercial finance.
- M&E: work with the M&E team to design indicators, data collection and analyses, design the ToRs for midterm reviews and final evaluations, and take part in joint evaluation missions.
- Policy: Lead and contribute to developing policy documents in relation to our agribusiness work and keep abreast of innovations to inform our work.
- Networking: Represent Self Help Africa in relevant regional/international communities of practice, networks in order to promote our work. Document and disseminate Self Help Africa’s experiences.
- Strategy: Ensure that enterprise development practices and projects are in line with Self Help Africa’s group strategy and internal policies on partnership and participation; inclusion (including gender and HIV/AIDS targeting); and environment (natural resource management and adaptation to climate change).
- Proposal development: Support the Fundraising Teams to win new business and funding to support enterprise development throughout the organisation.
- Gorta Group: Working closely with colleagues in TruTrade and Partner Africa to explore opportunities for collaboration and to win new business.
- Job City Nairobi, Dakar