Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation, serving humanity for over 38 years. With an active presence in over 40 countries across the globe, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those affected by poverty, conflicts and natural disasters.
IRW is currently recruiting for the position of ‘Global Security Officer’ to join its dynamic team. The postholder will support the Global Security Lead in the rollout and management of IR’s global security management framework across IR operations in MENAEE, Africa and Asia regions. The post holder will be responsible for actively liaising with the regional security advisors and in-country security focal points to establish a community of best practice to streamline security SoPs, processes and practices across IR operations.
The successful candidate must have or be:
- Demonstrable experience of non-profit, for-profit, or NGO work experience within international humanitarian assistance programs with demonstrated capabilities in planning, organising and executing security operations
- Ability to gain a precise understanding of the various local, regional, country and international operational situations and interactions, providing clear dynamic briefings and analysis of given and unfolding security and political situations when they occur
- Excellent written and spoken English (knowledge of Arabic or French would be an advantage)
- Understanding of humanitarian principles and codes of conduct
- Demonstrated skills in cross-cultural communication, conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in security management, international affairs or any equivalent experience in the related field would be desirable
- Knowledge of security management systems and approaches for NGO’s
- Ability to work under pressure
For more information, please click on the Documents tab above to view the full Job Description.
If you are talented, reliable, service-minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, with a strong commitment to IRW’s mission and values of sincerity, excellence, compassion, social justice and custodianship, please apply by completing our online application form.
For more information on the excellent company benefits we offer our employees, please visit:
PLEASE NOTE: Interviews are expected to take place late April 2022.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- receipt of satisfactory references
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Applicants should be sympathetic to the values of Islamic Relief:
(Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship)
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer
How to apply