Position: Global Security Operations Centre Lead
- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
- Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of position:
- CTG will establish a Global Security Operations Centre (GSOC), providing 24 / 7 response capability to support in country teams to respond to incidents & manage crises. The GSOC Lead is responsible for the establishment of the centre, development of policies & procedures & line management of centre staff. This role would suit an excellent team player keen to build in a start up enterprise.
Assigned as but not limited to:
- Main focal point for GSOC.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for GSOC.
- Ensure there is 24 / 7 personnel coverage to respond to incidents.
- Line management of GSOC staff.
- Recommend improvements to CTG IT applications, travel risk management, incident management database, CTG Duty of Care (DOC) app.
- Security inputs to other CTG corporate functions, bid writing, client liaison, enterprise risk management.
- Support the Global Risk Manager on the enterprise security risk management cycle.
Functions of the GSOC:
- 24 / 7 response capability, initial call handling, triage, coordination with in country teams.
- Filter & coordinate emergency medical requirements to our medical partners & follow up.
- Coordination with security partners.
- Action tracking & implementation in response to incidents.
- Analysis of incidents & reporting to CTG senior management, in country teams.
- Push out relevant security alerts & intelligence through the Tayo DOC app in a timely fashion, pulling in external feeds data & analysis where appropriate.
- Secretariat for crisis management meetings.
- Build & maintain CTG’s database of medical providers with key information such as geolocalisation, core specialisation, key medical personnel, contact details etc.
- Build & maintain CTG’s database of approved accommodation in key locations.
- Build air response network (for political evacuation & medical evacuation).
- Maintain global contact directory.
- Conduct after action reviews.
- Run crisis management exercises across the organisation.
- Information management, record keeping, security of information & accuracy of information in the incident management database.
- Ensure all key CTG locations have up to date risk assessments & coordinate mitigating actions & follow up.
- Medical claims handling & reporting.
- Build strong relationships with CTG regional leaders & security teams, leading regular meetings with the field security community for training & knowledge sharing.
- Seek to achieve standardisation of CTG approach to DOC through training & communication & building strong networks across CTG operations.
- Step in & deploy to new country operations (start up) where required (short term).
- Perform any other duties which may be assigned.
- This role reports to the Global Risk Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Security, International Development, or relevant field (essential).
- Membership of a professional security body (essential).
- Recognised security qualification (essential).
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrable relevant security leadership experience (essential).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in complex or conflict afflicted environments (essential).
- Fluent in English (essential).
- Working knowledge of French or Arabic (desirable).
- Strong verbal & written skills.
- Ethical, trustworthy & confidential.
- Dedication, commitment & flexibility.
- Well versed in all MS Office applications.
The GSOC Lead will be responsible for day to day activities of the below 2 staff:
- GSOC Analyst.
- Medical Claims Handler.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
How to apply
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Global Security Operations Centre Analyst at CTG
- Medical Claims Handler at CTG
- Information Management Officer (IMO) at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
- Protection Program Manager at World Relief
- Director, Advocacy & Partnerships at VillageReach