Position Title: Google Suite and Web Solutions Specialist
Location: In a Farm Radio International Office or Remote
Reports to: Operations
Contract term: Indeterminate
NATURE AND SCOPE
As Farm Radio International (FRI) makes increasingly sophisticated use of digital information management systems, including Google applications, customer relationship management software (Salesforce) an Intranet and corporate website, it is in growing need of a talented and experienced in-house Specialist to optimize and administer them.
The Specialist will ensure that FRI makes optimal use of Google Drive, with files well structured, organized, named, controlled, protected, and maintained and will support staff in making efficient and effective use of all components of the Google suite of products/applications. Further, the Specialist will manage FRI’s intranet, ensuring that it provides all staff with access to critical information. The Specialist will also manage FRI’s corporate website properties, ensuring our website stays healthy, secure and accessible. Finally, the Specialist will support the organization’s use of Salesforce as its CRM for relations with partner radio stations, broadcasters, and funding partners.
Farm Radio has one office in Ottawa, Canada and offices in 9 countries in Africa. Some staff work in remote locations including France and Wales. For more information on FRI and what we do, go to www.farmradio.org
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In the role of Google Suite and Web Solutions Specialist, you will be responsible for the following.
Technical Support for FRI Websites
- Provide technical and web administration support for FRI’s corporate website.
- Perform server administration tasks and oversee FRI’s WP-Engine account and hosted servers.
- Maintain, support, upgrade and troubleshoot the organisation’s websites, including farmradio.org, farmradio.fm, farmradiotraining.org, discussion.farmradio.fm (English and French), and wire.farmradio.fm.
- Optimize efficiency, availability and accessibility of FRI’s portfolio of websites.
- Occasionally install modules, plugins and extensions to WordPress and other CMS tools.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues and respond to security concerns.
- Support in the design and implementation of new websites, pages and features as necessary.
- Create and pull Google Analytics reports to optimize website use and flow.
- Oversee domain names and manage DNS records via GoDaddy and CloudFlare.
Document Management – Google Drive
- Review existing documentation and design and implement enhanced architecture/naming convention for shared folders and files.
- Oversee and support the creation of new folders in line with the architecture.
- Create and manage folder and file permissions and controls.
- Develop and oversee systems for version control and archiving.
- Train staff in efficient use of Google Drive.
Optimizing FRI Use of Other Google Applications
- Improve use of Google Calendar by all staff.
- Support creation of Google Groups.
- Support staff in optimizing their use of Gmail.
- Plan and deliver remote staff training on use of applications.
Enhancing and Maintaining FRI’s Intranet
- Review and enhance structure of the intranet.
- Update all files available to latest versions.
- Post updates and alerts.
- Plan and deliver remote staff training on use of the intranet.
Technical Support for CRM (Salesforce)
- Ensuring optimal performance of Salesforce systems and products.
- Upgrading and configuring Salesforce systems for optimized integration.
- Managing Salesforce roles, profiles, sharing rules, workflows, and groups.
- A university, college degree or diploma (or equivalent training/experience) in Information Technology/Management.
- Three years of experience in information systems administration.
- Experience in/with the following:
- Website administration;
- Salesforce administration;
- Google suite of products and Google Analytics;
- Building and managing websites (exposure to WordPress and Beaver Builder would be an asset); and
- Beaver Builder plugin, WPML translation systems, and Cloudflare would be an asset.
- Written and oral proficiency in English and French.
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Must be very organized, responsive and detail-oriented.
How to apply
FRI is an equal opportunity employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To submit your application, send your CV to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.