Job Title: Governance and Communications Advisor, GS -13 (USPSC Resident Hire)
**ELIGIBLE OFFERORS:**United States **(**US) citizen and Resident Aliens – resident in Uganda.
Opening date: September 21, 2022
Closing date: October 20, 2022
USAID/Uganda is seeking for a qualified candidate to serve under a Personal Services Contract as Governance and Communications Advisor responsible for providing monitoring, oversight, strategy planning and communications activities in the Democracy, Rights, and Governance (DRG) Office.
The Advisor exercises flexibility, leadership, and professionalism in the execution of responsibilities related to program oversight and monitoring; program implementation; strategy planning; operations and management; and strategic communications.
The Advisor reports to the DRG Office Director.
Required professional qualifications include the following and offerors must address all the elements as part of their offer in response to this PSC solicitation.
Bachelor’s degree in any professional discipline such as media, journalism, communications, international relations, marketing and/or management is required.
B. PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE
From three (3) years of increasing experience in the development field, or program management, or program design, or communications, required.
Demonstrated experience with and understanding of development programs, preferably in the democracy, human rights, conflict, or governance space.
Demonstrated experience with USAID, USG, other multilateral or other bilateral organizations, NGOs, or IPs.
How to apply
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Senior Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA) Advisor, GS-15 at US Agency for International Development
- Communication Advisor, GS-13 at US Agency for International Development
- Administrative Management Specialist at US Agency for International Development
- Administrative Assistant at US Agency for International Development
- Project Management Specialist (Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning) at US Agency for International Development