World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 34,000+ staff members in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life.
Through our work, every 60 seconds… a family gets water… a hungry child is fed… a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
As the Governance Officer & Triennial Council Project Manager, you will:
- Coordinate all activities related to the successful delivery of the Triennial Council in consultation with the Partnership Leader Global Governance and Compliance (PL)
- Apply the relevant governance knowledge and skills to promote the development of high performing Board Support Staff (BSS) who will offer administrative support that ensures that boards/AC are well supported to perform effectively. This will involve one on one governance coaching, orientation and proactive support to grow the BSS competence and confidence. This will be applicable for Africa BSS Coordination of all Regional forum activities in consultation with the Director Global Governance
- Working under the direction of the Director Global Governance, prepare and track the Global Governance Department annual budget and annual forecast, continuous monitoring and tracking of the expenses and providing advise as appropriate.
- Offer administrative support to the two Global Governance Directors as may be needed.
- Knowledge of board governance subject matter, practices and terminology in profit and/or not-for-profit sector.
- 2 years working in a board support / coordinator or trainer role.
- Previous work experience in Governance, project management.
- Database technical skills.
- High level of organizational skills and ability to work independently.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
How to apply
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position and apply online by the closing date of 28 April 2022. We will be accepting applications until the right candidate is found.
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.