Duty Station: Yangon
Reporting to: Head of Programmes
Direct Report: Grants Specialists and Grants Officer
Overall purpose of the role:
This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country for project and grants cycle management. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities. Specifically related to project and grant management:
- Develop high quality funding proposals, ensure compliance with donors and internal DRC rules and regulations, coordinate high-quality donor reporting, oversees information management, and lead grants management capacity-building efforts.
- Provide continuous support and guidance to project cycle management at fundraising, kick-off, implementation, and close-out stages ensuring minimum standards are met
Grant and Project Cycle Management
· Oversee and refine grants and project management systems and processes, including related to project cycle management minimum standards
· Serve as key focal point for ensuring that project teams meet minimum standards for project cycle management, including supporting with trainings and capacity support
· Organize and facilitate proposal development, grants kick-off, review, and closing meetings with all DRC business areas (programme and support staff)
· Update, streamline, and disseminate grants management tools and resources
· Develop and maintain up-to-date and in-depth knowledge of donor and government policies and support implementing teams to ensure full compliance
· Draft, review and provide support in the negotiation of project agreements, including sub-agreements, teaming agreements and memoranda of understanding
· Lead contract revision and support associated program re-design with project teams to address any change in context and delays
· Lead monthly grants review meetings to proactively review any challenges or delays in project target or spend
· Keep the Head of Programme informed of any projected inabilities to meet contractual obligations, report submission and spend rates/significant budget variances. Be able to actively mitigate risks through proposing remedial solutions.
· Serve as key focal point for communication efforts with internal and external stakeholders in coordination with global and regional communication teams
· Lead donor reporting processes by coordinating, compiling, editing and providing feedback to ensure the development of high-quality narratives, financial and data reports and timely submissions
· Maintain and update DRC’s online Grants Management System platforms (Dynamics) and Grants Department trackers
· Identify funding opportunities and lead together with the Head of Programmes on donor engagement and internal discussion with program and support staff.
· Lead the planning and coordination of the development of high-quality project proposals, including narratives, budgets, budget narratives, work plans, staffing lists, and other required annexes. Identify external support, as needed.
· Serve as lead writer for proposals, as needed, including coordinating design workshops, liaising with staff, and conducting necessary primary and secondary research for needs assessments and analyses, along with program staff
· Conduct regular donor mapping exercises and support the Head of Programme in identifying new funding opportunities in line with the country programme strategy
· Prepare necessary documentation, such as reports, presentations, and organizational documentation, to share with DRC stakeholders, including briefings for DRC staff and external entities requesting information on DRC’s programmes
· Serve as the primary focal point for donors and partners on all grants related issues
· Provide temporary or ad-hoc support to program teams, as needed, including support with conducting assessments and scoping new program areas
· Direct supervision of the Grants Specialists (2) and Grants Officer (1) by supporting and strengthening their capacity to ensure a responsive and well-organized grants department.
· Discuss job expectations, set objectives, and provide appropriate and timely feedback regarding their performance, including timely implementation of the annual staff performance management system.
· Maintain open and professional relations with colleagues, building trust, and enabling clear communication and planning
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience with an NGO
- Experience in writing high quality proposals for large donors, such as EU, ECHO, BHA, Scandinavian donors, UNHCR, and other UN agencies
- Knowledge of donor rules and regulations
- Knowledge of project management cycle minimum standards
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize large workloads, to consistently meet deadlines and adapt in a complex and challenging work environment
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently both independently and in teams
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- Degree (Master’s degree) in political science, international development, economics or other relevant field
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- English fluent
- Myanmar an advantage
- Senior Management Team
- All programme and support staff
Contract: DRC will offer the successful applicant a 12-month contract with the possibility of extension. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with DRC’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates. The position is placed in Employment Band F-management.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.dk
How to apply
Application and CV
Interest? Click APPLY FOR POSITION button. Please send your application, in English, no later than
Tuesday, Oct 12th, 2021. CV only applications will not be considered. We only accept applications sent online.
(Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and shortlisted candidates may be contacted for
interview/an offer made before the advertised closing date)