Position: Grants and Compliance Advisor
3 Years Fixed Term Contract
Can be based Johannesburg/Nairobi/London
ActionAid is a global federation working for a world free from poverty and injustice. As part of the Federation, we work with women and girls, our partners, and dedicated staff in 43 countries towards a just, fair and sustainable world, in which everybody enjoys the right to a life of dignity, and freedom from poverty and oppression.
Are you a dynamic, strategic thinker, able to deliver effective support to teams around the world implementing projects to strengthen women’s and girls’ rights?
Do you have extensive experience of successfully managing large and highly complex institutional donor grants in the International Development sector?
Are you an effective problem solver? Passionate about identifying risk, and designing accessible tools for teams to address it?
Then we’d love to hear from you.
We are recruiting a Grants and Compliance Advisor to provide timely support and advice to ActionAid federation members in effective grants compliance and risk management of institutional donor grants and contracts. Your role will primarily provide support to multi-country projects funded by Norad and SDC, support on USAID compliance, tools development, and other new areas of focus.
You will work closely with the Grants & Compliance Team and wider Institutional Funding Team (IFT), helping to ensure ActionAid members by providing timely support and advice on effective grants compliance and risk management of institutional donor grants and contracts.
A key part of your role will be capacity building, developing technical guidance, monitoring risk both internally and with external partners. Therefore, you must have strong communication, risk management and grant management skills. Having audit experience would be an advantage.
To thrive in this role, you will have the following experience:
- Degree or diploma in Business Studies, Economics, Finance or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of institutional donor rules (such as EU/FCDO/ECHO/USAID/AFD), regulations, financial control procedures and risk
- Solid experience of setting up systems to monitor donor compliance and developing and implementing relevant
- Excellent skills and knowledge in financial reporting and audit
- Demonstrable financial management experience – encompassing income and expenditure monitoring, financial reporting, and
- Good experience and proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative reports to a wide audience.
- Proven experience in grant closure; particularly supporting efficient and timely administrative and financial closure of grants.
- Understanding of the grant life cycle and good knowledge of grant management best practice.
- Demonstrated experience working in multi-country/ multi-entity projects.
- Proven knowledge and experience of using contract management systems or bespoke databases as well as MS
You should also have strong commitment to ActionAid’s values and ethos, including ActionAid’s feminist leadership principles.
What we offer
ActionAid is committed to providing a welcoming, supportive workplace where we recognize a job well done. We offer a fair compensation package and a flexible working environment. At ActionAid, you can look forward to:
- Fantastic training and development
- A workplace that embraces feminist leadership
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption pay.
How to apply
How to apply
Please visit our website via the link and apply online:
Closing date: 26 May 2023 at 23:59 GMT
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted- usually within 2 weeks of the closing date.
ActionAid is a global federation working for a world free from poverty and injustice. We want to see a just, fair and sustainable world, in which everybody enjoys the right to a life of dignity, and freedom from poverty and oppression.
ActionAid recognizes the value that diversity brings to the organization in terms of experience, skills, talent, and cultural perspectives.
We are committed to recruiting candidates who promote ActionAid’s SHEA and Safeguarding policies and values. ActionAid will only recruit candidates who are committed to SHEA and Safeguarding and ActionAid’s values, thereby helping to create safer working cultures. As a deterrence measure
ActionAid is also committed to deterring candidates who are intending to cause harm from joining ActionAid.
ActionAid does not discriminate on grounds of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, color, ethnic or social origin, disability, religion, location, pregnancy, and maternity.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and supportive working environment where all employees are respected, valued, treated fairly, and supported in fulfilling their potential.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Finance Manager at Islamic Relief
- GBV Officer, P3, Addis Ababa at UN High Commissioner for Refugees
- Field Officer, P3, Bokh at UN High Commissioner for Refugees
- Protection Officer, P3, Bokh at UN High Commissioner for Refugees
- Operational Data Management Officer, P3, Bokh at UN High Commissioner for Refugees