The ELMA Philanthropies Services (Africa) (Pty) Ltd. (“ELMA” or “ELMA Philanthropies”) seeks a Grants Management Associate to join its Cape Town office. The Grants Management Associate will report to the Director, Finance and will work collaboratively with Grants Management (NY) to support efficient and effective grants management across the ELMA organization. The Grants Management Associate will focus on supporting grants administration in the South Africa office and work closely with ELMA’s program, finance, and legal teams, as well as senior management to ensure effective reporting, retention and sharing of grants information and other data and knowledge across the ELMA organization.
With offices in New York City, Cape Town, Johannesburg and Kampala, ELMA Philanthropies develops program strategies, identifies grant and other investment opportunities, monitors and evaluates investment performance, and manages strategic partnerships for The ELMA Group of Foundations. This Group includes The ELMA Foundation, The ELMA Relief Foundation, The ELMA Vaccines and Immunization Foundation, The ELMA Music Foundation, The ELMA Growth Foundation, The ELMA Caribbean Foundation and The ELMA South Africa Foundation. ELMA Philanthropies is largely focused on providing these services to the largest foundation within the group, The ELMA Foundation. A full description of the investment frameworks and activities of each Foundation can be found on our website: www.elmaphilanthropies.org.
The ELMA Foundation’s mission is to improve the lives of African children and youth through support of sustainable efforts to relieve poverty, advance education, and promote health. It is primarily active in eastern and southern Africa.
The ELMA Relief Foundation invests in relief efforts throughout the globe with special attention to Africa and the needs of children, who often suffer disproportionately in the aftermath of such tragedies.
The ELMA South Africa Foundation funds organizations and programs that support development and progress in South Africa.
The ELMA Music Foundation invests in organizations in USA and South Africa that support youth development through music, or provide assistance to members of the music community undergoing personal and financial hardship.
The ELMA Vaccines and Immunization Foundation’s mission is to expand vaccine and immunization coverage for children globally, with a special emphasis on Africa.
The ELMA Growth Foundation invests in the growth or expansion of initiatives that improve the lives of low-income communities in Africa.
The ELMA Caribbean Foundation supports efforts to advance health or combat the environmental and economic threats posed by climate change in the Caribbean.
Get All the Latest International NGO jobs, Humanitarian jobs, NGO Job Vacancies in Africa, Nigeria 2022 at NGOJobsAfrica
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Grants Management Associate will be expected to:
- Provide general administrative support for the Director of Finance and Grants Management department
- Ensure timely data entry in the grants database (Salesforce)
- Process payments and requirements for active investments in Salesforce
- Conduct Bridger Compliance checks for new grantees and interim payments
- Assist with the preparation of Board pack materials
- Review and process grant approvals for The ELMA Community Grants Program and The ELMA South Africa Foundation
- Ensure that the database coding is up-to-date following grant approvals
- Upload supporting documents to appropriate database records
- Take on and complete special projects as assigned by Grants Management or Director of Finance
- Other duties, as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to form an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required for the position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Alignment to Values
All ELMA employees are expected to demonstrate fit with ELMA’s organizational values and culture. Specifically, all employees are expected to demonstrate a commitment to:
- ELMA’s core values of: humility and integrity; respect for human dignity; pursuit of excellence; commitment to partnership; and a results-orientation informed by continuous learning; and
- Gender equity, social justice, and combatting white supremacy, patriarchy, homophobia, colonialism, and other intersecting systems of oppression.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, plus 2 years related work experience, or a combination of education and experience
- Experience with Salesforce is preferred
- Strong computer and software proficiency, and interest and ability in learning new applications quickly
- Exceptional administrative and organizational skills; detail-oriented
- Passion for social justice and improving the lives of children in Africa
- Ability to work in a dynamic organization; flexible and adaptable to rapid change; quick learner, comfortable with fast paced environment; a self-starter and team-player
- Strong work ethic and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Fluency in English and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to legally work in the country where this position is located without visa sponsorship
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications with attractive benefits.
How to apply
ELMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.
Should you apply for this position, you consent to us collecting, using, disclosing, and storing your personal information and such special personal information, as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013, as may be required for the purposes of processing and evaluating your application, and any other purposes set out or implied when you provide the relevant personal information to us. You may withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. If you do not consent to us collecting, using, disclosing, and storing your personal information and special personal information for the purposes of processing and evaluating your application, we regret that we will be unable to process your application.
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit to ELMAjobs@elmaphilanthropies.org with the subject Grants Management Associate by 31 January 2022. Your application should include the following:
• A cover letter
• Details of contactable references