TERMS OF REFERENCE
Position: Grants Manager
Location: Khartoum: 70%, Field: 30%
Reports to: Deputy Country Director – Programs
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships, and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
The Grants Manager will be responsible for coordinating proposal development, donor reporting working with technical program managers and field staff. Additionally, working closely with the DCD – Programs, s/he will be responsible for programmatic and financial oversight of project work plans and budgets, nurturing synergies and cross-learning within the program and support functions by providing guidance on grants management and ensuring timely narrative and financial reporting in that is compliant with donor standards. H/She will be the custodian of all donor agreements ensuring the teams are well acquainted with the compliance issues for each donor
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
Grants Management (50%):
- Ensure the grants management is transparent and compliant with donor and Relief International’s regulations and procedures.
- Working with each Program Manager monitor all grants and ensure timely financial projections and reporting is completed in line with Relief International and donor templates
- Conduct monthly review of performance of all country grants against approved Resource Mobilization Tool that includes.
- Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP)
- Spending plan
- Procurement plan
- Human Resources Plan
- M&E Plan
- Ensure grants implementation is on time (target and budget) using effective grants management standards and systems.
- Create and maintain effective grant management information, documentation, compliance and tracking systems, in line with Relief International and donor standards and requirements
- Participate in grant opening and close-out process
- Manage sub-awards including due diligence, preparing teaming agreements and supporting negotiations with key partners.
Proposal Development and Reporting (50%)
- Lead the development of concept notes and proposals, in close coordination with the Senior Management Team and Technical Coordinators
- Provide country and field teams with operational and program compliance support as per RI and donor regulations and policies
- Lead first review of all draft proposals (includes proposal narrative and budgets) received from Technical Coordinators and Finance Manager before submission of proposal package to DCD-Programs.
- Coordinate and conduct first review of all donor reports (narrative and financial) received from Technical Coordinators before submission to DCD Programs
- Develop and maintain country reporting tracker
- Conduct capacity building to staff on proposal development and reporting
- Lead review and development of agreements (grant agreements, sub-agreements, MoUs, and other contractual documents) in close coordination with Programs and Support teams.
- Assist with contract negotiations as required.
- Maintain and update the grants and contracts database and enforce reporting requirements in collaboration with program and finance staff.
- Ensure appropriate registration (with donors and RI’s Grants and Contracting Unit) of project modifications
- Degree in international development, Humanitarian Assistance or similar field; Postgraduate Qualification preferred
- Minimum of three years relevant international working experience role with progressive responsibilities, ideally with an international NGO,
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of working with both US and EU donors, as well as the UN System (UNICEF, UNHCR etc.)
- Demonstrable experience of proposal development and reporting
- Demonstrable ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Strong budgeting and financial forecasting skills, including experience in preparing implementation plans
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English, with exceptional English writing skills
- Experience and skills in networking and relations with donors, peer organizations, and faith-based and civil society partners. Understanding of partnership principles.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information and budget management systems, knowledge-sharing networks.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. Must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation
How to apply
To apply click to the link below:
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Chargé(e) de programme at Interpeace
- Coordinateur (trice) Protection – Cameroun at INTERSOS
- Consultant: Support Labs and Food Businesses Improve Testing Regimes and Establish Food Allergen Management System at Land O’Lakes Venture37
- PROVISION OF PARTNER-LED PROTECTION FRONT-LINE RESPONSE CONSULTANCY at Danish Refugee Council
- National Operations Officer (S/NFI) at International Organization for Migration