Our client, an International NGO, BOMA (https://boma.ngo/ ) is seeking to recruit a Grants Manager, to be based in Nairobi.
Role Reports to: Financial Controller
The Grants Manager will lead in the development, implementation and management of BOMA’s grants portfolio; support program teams in researching and reviewing grant opportunities; analyze competitive positioning and risk; researching on donor and sponsor policies and regulations to ensure general procedural compliance in the implementation of BOMA’s Grants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Grants management and reporting
- Providing hands on support in writing Grants applications and facilitate efficient grants administration and coordination, negotiating on existing and new grants.
- Monitoring progress of grant funded projects to include goals, objectives, outcomes, deliverables, and all other contract terms for assigned grant teams through regular communication and meetings.
- Accountable for managing internal reporting process through generation of Budget Vs Actuals (BVA’s) and work with program teams to finalize monthly and quarterly adjustments in accordance with donor requirements.
- Ensuring high quality reports are submitted to donors including supporting the Financial Controller in drafting of external reports.
- Maintaining a database for reporting and tracking all proposal and grant information and activities.
- Together with the Financial Controller develop and keep updated cost analysis for BOMA for budgeting purpose.
- Developing the internal systems to track and report effectively.
- Administer subcontracts with program partners and other service providers as identified to ensure the delivery of the program.
- Monitoring and supporting the use of grants management tools such as, BvAs, procurement planning, hire planning and activity plans amongst program teams to ensure accurate tracking of implementation and timely alerts to potential challenges/obstacles.
- Ensuring compliance with all conditions of the donor contract.
- Administering existing grants to meet the grant agreement conditions and expectations of external donors, institutional donors in particular.
- Researching on institutional and funding agency’s policies to ensure implementation and budgets are in compliance with the policies and regulations of the funding agencies.
- Identifying risk and provide mitigation strategies for adhering to the donor’s grant requirements, institutional donors in particular.
- Supporting program teams to maintain a complete and orderly administrative record of all proposals, contracts, partnerships, grants and other pre-award and post-award instruments including fiscal and operations reports.
Training and Capacity strengthening
- Conducting regular training sessions in respective Cluster offices on Budget Management and donor regulations to Program, Operations and Finance staff.
- A University Degree in Finance or a relevant field, or a combination of experience and education working in this sector.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a grants manager or senior Grants Management role in a multi donor program portfolio/organization
- Prior experience with USAID funded programs preferred
- Good knowledge of spreadsheet software (Excel) required.
- Computer/word processing and standard office software skills.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software is preferred.
- Good command of spoken and written English
How to apply
Qualified candidates to fill this form https://forms.office.com/r/w4z1vRwztT and share CV and cover letter via email firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the position they are applying for on the email subject asGrants Manager– Boma by COB 23 April, 2023.
Salary: Indicate your current monthly salary in the cover letter.
Due to the urgency, interviews will be on a rolling basis.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Career Management Centre is a proud equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate the applicants on any basis.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Head of Finance Department at Action Against Hunger USA
- AN HEALTH AND NUTRITION HEAD OF DEPARTMENT at Action Contre la Faim France
- EXPERT.E RENFORCEMENT DES SYSTEMES DE SANTE at Action Contre la Faim France
- UN.E RESPONSABLE DE PROGRAMME NUTRITION ET SANTE at Action Contre la Faim France
- Request for Proposal – Financial Technical Advisor at The Freedom Fund