Position: Grants Manager_KOMEZA WIGE ( Readvert)
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee with Imprecise Term
1. Direct and oversee grant implementation, on time, target/scope and budget/funding and ensuring that all project results are met through proper design, staffing, implementation and quality assurance
2. Ensure that the project systems and staff are working to achieve the project goals and objectives and that the project is maintaining World Vision, partner and donor accountability standards.
3. Ensure that day-to-day administrative support for the project and adequate systems are put in place to ensure effective implementation and monitoring of compliance with established donor policies, procedures and systems in the areas of Finance; Human Resources Management; Procurement; Information, Communication and Technology.
4. Manage grant budget within approved spending levels and based on agreed project interventions. Track program progress, programs’ expenditure against approved budgets, anticipate any deviations and recommend and take action on relevant and required adjustments.
5. Supervise a team of the grant staff with skills across a diverse set of technical areas. Conduct regular coaching and implement the Performance Development Management (PDM) system for the staff that report directly to this position.
6. Ensure high standards of stewardship and accountability for all resources. Work with the Senior Accountant, Administration Officer and other departments to build a strong internal control environment, ensuring compliance with WV financial policies and procedures and promoting a culture of transparency and accountability. Review and approve expenditures and contract according to assigned levels of authority.
7. Ensure accurate quality narrative and financial reports are submitted in a timely manner and according to donor requirements. Establish and maintain effective project reporting, evaluation, and communication systems.
8. Work with M&E specialist, Finance team, technical managers and project managers to ensure that grant teams are fully aware of donor requirements and WV and consortium partners Support Office expectations.
9. Build a team of highly committed and competent staff, ensuring cooperation and coordination among relevant staff within the Program. Mentor, coach and provide opportunities for the professional growth of staff that directly report to this position. Organize and direct the work of grant staff and short-term advisors, set individual performance objectives cascaded from project objectives to all staff hired in the project.
10. Ensuring appropriate structures, internal and external standards, staffing, resources and policies as well as all grant requirements are adhered to.
11. Develop the capacity for the participating consortium and local partners, and local authorities to plan, monitor and coordinate service delivery.
12. Demonstrates World Vision’s core values, vision, mission and Transformational Development/Program integrated ministry model by all staff in the assigned Area. Provide spiritual leadership to the grants team. Attend and participate in weekly chapel services and daily devotional meetings.
13. Regularly review the progresses of implementation, and escalate grant management issues early and openly; resolve grant management issues quickly and fully.
14. Ensure project risks are anticipated and mechanisms of prevention and mitigation are in place.
15. Perform other duties as may be assigned, to enhance Peace and Protection, and overall organizational well being,.
3. CORE COMPETENCIES FOR LEADERS/MANAGERS
I pay attention to my own well-being and resilience. I remain focused and resourceful through complexity, ambiguity and disruption, and I lead the way for others to do the same. I create an environment where staff members are safe, resilient, and have trusting, authentic relationships.
Engage, Influence, Lead and Grow Others
I practice wise stewardship of those whom I influence and lead. I seek to grow and multiply the impact of individuals, groups and networks. Through timely truth telling with love, I nurture a supportive environment where we can meet challenges and be at our best
Run an Effective and Agile Organization
I lead by example in focusing on and achieving the things that matter most. I create unity and trust by doing my part and holding others accountable, so that we can be relied upon to deliver results in an agile and responsive way.
Develop the Organization for the Future
I consistently look outward, and I learn and respond with creativity and innovation to transform the organization for the future. I create an environment where others are empowered to discover new and better ways of doing things.
4. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. University Degree in Psychology. Education, Social Sciences or any other related field;
2. At least 5 years of experience in managing projects or programs focusing on the Education areas
3. Having a good understanding of Education field in the Burundi context;
4. Having an experience of managing an inter-agency consortium;
5. Experience in managing large teams and working online;
6. Experience to manage a robust financial and procurement management system;
7. Fluency in English and French, both written and oral;
8. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders including UNICEF, officials from various levels of government, civil society and others;
9. Proven knowledge and experience in quality assurance of projects – reporting, monitoring, evaluation;
10. Able to demonstrate that s/he has the requisite experience to manage a robust financial and procurement manage;
11. A peace loving person who stands for unity, reconciliation and social harmony, committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities;
12. Highly motivated and result-oriented, with exceptional attention to details;
13. Creates and encourages a climate of team-working and collaboration in a multi-cultural environment;
14. Consistently achieves high-level results, managing and delivering projects on-time and on-budget;
15. Results oriented person who sets priorities and delivers on them;
16. Actively nurtures good relationships with people across all organizational levels and boundaries, and with consortium partners, local authorities and government leaders and stakeholders.
17. Has high-level leadership and supervisory skills; provides others with a clear direction; motivates and empowers others; recruits staff of a high caliber; provides staff with development opportunities and coaching.
18. High ability to engage with Donors and market WVI Burundi profile.
19. Analyzes and integrates diverse and complex quantitative and qualitative data from a wide range of sources.
20. Sets, develops and revises organizational strategy and develops clear visions for project implementation.
21. Actively nurtures good relationships with people across all organizational levels and boundaries, and with government leaders and stakeholders.
22. Identifies urgent and potentially difficult decisions and acts on them promptly. Negotiates effectively by exploring a range of possibilities.
5. WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Work environment:Field-based with frequent travel from the project areas in Makamba and Cibitoke.
Travel: 90% Domestic travel is required.
6. HOW TO APPLY
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to https://worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/WorldVisionInternational . If this is your first time applying online via the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details. This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Further details will be collected during the application process. All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will NOT be considered. In case you face challenges applying through the online system, please call HR department for support. The closing date for submission of applications (Updated and signed CV and motivation letter) is May 22, 2022. No late applications will be accepted.
7. IMPORTANT NOTE
1. World Vision Burundi does neither use employment agencies nor does it charge money for recruitment, interviews or medical checks.
2. As a child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children.
3. Although all applications will be considered on their individual merit, suitably qualified women are especially encouraged to apply.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
- Job City Gitega – Rutana Cluster, Burundi