Job Title: Grants Officer
Reports to: Grants and Development Manager
Effective date: April 2022
MedGlobal is a global humanitarian non-profit organization providing medical and health education services to people in need, including refugees and displaced persons, in disaster and underserved regions. The organization is composed of medical and public health professionals of diverse backgrounds.
CODE OF CONDUCT
MedGlobal Code of Conduct reflects the profession’s core set of beliefs and values of care, respect, trust, and integrity. These beliefs and values are fundamental to MedGlobal employees, volunteers, interns, consultants, officers’ coordinators, and directors to guide their practice and conduct. The Code is organized into categories, as follows:
- Always act with fairness, honesty, integrity, and openness; respect the opinions of others and treat all with equality and dignity without regard to gender, race, colour, creed, ancestry, place of origin, political beliefs, religion, marital status, disability, age, or sexual orientation.
- Provide a positive and valued experience for those receiving service within and outside MedGlobal
As a small but rapidly growing global health organization, we are looking for a full-time Grants Officer who will play a key role through providing support to the Grants Department, providing support in business development and implementation of the resource mobilization strategies of countries in line with MedGlobal’s Strategy. The Grants Officer contributes to the Hiring Organization’s mission by overall daily expectations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Grants Officer has the following responsibilities and duties:
- Identify new funding opportunities and identification of partners for consortium bids
- Assist with drafting proposals and concept notes (narrative and budget) in close coordination with the Grants and Development Manager and Funding Office Teams
- Document success stories, field experiences to derive lessons learnt, facilitating communication between the field offices and HQ
- Support the implementation of Country Fundraising Plans
- Represent MedGlobal in meetings with donors, other humanitarian agencies, partners, and cluster representatives
- Any other duties as assigned
The Grants Officer should have the following skills, education, and experience:
- At least 5 years of experience with an NGO grant writing position(s) involving proposal development and donor liaison
- Five or more years of experience working on USG proposal responses as a prime or sub-partner, including participating in capture efforts, writing relevant sections of proposals, and developing proposal budgets
- Experience of developing successful proposals and/or tender bids to Institutional donors, Foundation and Private Funders
- Demonstrated strong writing, editing and communication
- Keen interest and excitement in business development with a willingness to learn and ambition to take on positions of increasing responsibility.
- Detail-oriented, flexible, and able to handle multiple concurrent tasks.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment,
- Ability to prioritize own workload and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to lead complex proposal development teams
- Results Oriented
- Quick learner willing to go the extra mile to achieve deadlines
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Grants Officer”.