Position: Head of Finance
Start Network has an exciting opportunity for a senior finance professional to join our team as Head of Finance. It’s an exciting point in our journey to join the team as we continue to grow and take on more direct donor funding, currently £40m pa. The role leads our finance team, shaping its work to respond to the changing and growing needs of a dynamic organisation and ensuring that we are well positioned to take on more grant funding and develop new and innovative financial products. The role is responsible for ensuring the finance function is a trusted partner delivering an exceptional financial service to internal and external stakeholders. The role leads on financial strategy and financial planning, while ensuring financial systems are robust and financial reporting is timely and accurate to allow organisational accountability and data-led decision making. The Head of Finance is responsible for monitoring the donor grant pipeline and ensuring donor financial reporting and compliance to donor T&Cs.
We are looking for candidates with a recognised finance qualification and significant experience at senior finance level. As a values-based, innovative organisation changing the humanitarian sector, we are looking for a unique individual who shares our values and has experience with donor grant management within the charity sector.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Track record of leading a successful financial partnering service, managing a high-calibre, multi-disciplinary team to deliver against demanding timescales.
- Excellent analytical and reasoning skills.
- Proven experience of developing financial models, operating principles, and managing complex budgeting and reporting processes.
- Demonstrable experience of working at a strategic level and being responsive to change.
- Experience of developing finance practice and making improvements to service provision.
- Proven project and team management capability.
- Qualified Finance professional: ACCA, ACA, or CIMA.
How to apply
Click here to apply!
Applications should be through Be Applied our online recruitment platform which uses anonymised applications and predictive, skill-based assessments which are blind- reviewed to reduce bias.
If you have any questions or need support with your application, please email us using email@example.com
Closing date: Sunday 19th February, 11.59pm (GMT)
Applications may be reviewed on an ongoing basis, so please apply early where possible
Any offer of employment will be conditional subject to relevant checks. Please refer to our privacy statement and candidate privacy notice regarding treatment of your data. Start Network also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. The core of the scheme is that participating organisations share information about safeguarding-related misconduct (i.e., sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment) that a candidate has been found to have committed during employment, or incidents under investigation when the candidate left employment. For more information regarding this scheme, please visit their website: https://misconduct-disclosure-scheme.org/
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Technical Officer PrEP/CECAP-Akwa-Ibom at Jhpiego
- Reporting Officer (IBM) at International Organization for Migration
- MEAL Coordinator – Somali Cash Consortium at Concern Worldwide
- External Evaluation for FHI 360’s Crisis Response Team at FHI 360
- DHIS2 Configuration Expert & Project Liaison at Management Sciences for Health