NCA’s presence in the South Sudan dates back to 1972. Its country office is in the capital, Juba, with both humanitarian and development interventions in 7 states. For the strategic period 2020-24, NCA South Sudan’s thematic programmes are Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Gender-Based Violence (GBV), Peacebuilding and Strengthening Civil Society. NCA South Sudan applies a conflict sensitive approach. It aims to contribute to a positive change in the lives of poor and conflict-affected people regardless of their religion, ethnicity, political opinion, gender or sexual orientation.
Do you have leadership experience and an understanding of areas such as logistics, security, administration and HR? Are you an analytical person who works well independently as well as in teams? Then this might be the position for you!
NCA is seeking a Head of Operations in South Sudan for minimum one year with possibilities for extension. The person hired will work closely with the Country Representative and Department Heads to ensure operational support in the areas of administration, security, HR and capacity building are provided effectively and efficiently for successful implementation of the NCA South Sudan Programme.
Startdate: As soon as possible.
Duties and responsibilities
- Play an active role in the development of the NCA South Sudan Programme as part of the Senior Management Team
- Ensure, improve, and coordinate cooperation between Administration, Personnel, Finance and Logistics team.
- Liaise with local authorities on matters regarding operations as necessary.
- Facilitate capacity building of staff in the Operations Department.
- Ensure through cooperation with the Head of Finance that funds are properly released and within budget frames.
- Assist in implementation of the organizations global routines and standards as well as NCA South Sudan’s program strategy.
- Support the Country Representative and Safety Co-ordinator in matters related to the security
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Ensure good HR compliance thorough implementation of HR routines, policies and guidelines
- Assist in the recruitment of national staff.
- Other HR tasks as needed.
- Co-ordinate all administrative support including to field offices.
- Various administrative tasks such as record of programme properties/assets, maintain administrative systems, staff accommodation, flight booking, filing, monitoring. Hereunder IT-systems and ICT procedures
- Monitor procurement processes to ensure they are in accordance with NCA HO Procurements policies.
- Provide quality control for all procurement documents including contracts.
- Masters’ level or equivalent in administration and/or operations management. Extensive experience related to this position may compensate for a degree.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the humanitarian sector, preferably in a complex conflict environment.
- Three years or more of management experience, including the management of field offices.
- Proven strong communication and coordination skills across organizational functions.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Strong experience in logistics and procurement management a plus.
- Able to work independently yet function well in a team.
- Strong analytical skills and capacity.
- Able to work under pressure and observe often tight deadlines.
- Able to work in an unsecure environment.
- Able to plan, coordinate and lead processes that include multiple stakeholders and interests.
- Cultural sensitivity and adaptability–experience from the Sahel or a similar context is an advantage.
- Able to mentor, coach and support staff in their professional development.
- Must be loyal to Norwegian Church Aid’s Christian values.
- The opportunity to develop this position further for NCA South Sudan.
- A competitive salary and benefits, as per NCA’s HR policies.
We encourage all qualified persons to apply for a job with us, regardless of gender, age, disability or cultural background. Through our recruitment portal, you can register and submit your CV, write an application / cover letter and attach relevant certificates. Only applicants using this electronic portal will be considered for the position.
Before you apply:
We kindly ask you to carefully read the ACT Code of Conduct for the prevention of misconduct, including corruption, fraud, exploitation and abuse, including sexual; and to ensure child safeguarding and the Protection from Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse and Child Safeguarding policy before you submit your application. If you are the selected candidate for this position you will be asked to complete and sign our Code of Conduct and Protection from Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse, and Child Safeguarding Policy.
How to apply
To apply for the position, click this link: https://kirkensnodhjelp.recman.no/job.php?job_id=331996
You can change the language on this page in the top right corner, then click apply job above the advert. After that fill out all the fields, be aware there is one field that is mandatory; “candidate attributes”, once this is filled out you will be able to apply.