Title: Head of Programm
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Line management for Core Competence Specialists
- Member of the Country Management Group (CMG)
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Provide programme input to Country Strategy and Plan of Action
- Development of Core Competency strategies that are aligned to regional and global priorities and strategies
- Development of holistic and needs based programmes, including cash-based interventions and market-based programmes
- Identify funding opportunities, develop funding strategies and forecasts
- Grants management, BPO allocations and reporting to donors, including compliance with donor standards
- Quality control, M&E and organizational learning
- Lead on Safe and Inclusive Programming initiatives, ensuring that all programmes meet minimum standards
- Develop NRC Somalia’s strategic direction on Durable Solutions and build a portfolio of programmes supporting these ambitions
- Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, including multi-purpose cash assistance, emergency cash responses
- Minimum 4 years’ experience from a senior management position in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Core competency expertise
- Knowledge of cash-based interventions and market-based programmes
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
Context/Specific Skills, Knowledge/ Experience:
- Experience in complex emergencies and early recovery programming
- Arabic language skills an asset
For more information, Here is the detailed Job Description
Duty Station: Mogadishu, Somalia.
Type of Contract: 24 Months renewable based on funding, performance, and the need for position
Salary: Based upon the NRC grading Scale
Language: Fluency in English.
This position is open to qualified candidates of all nationalities!
- Senior Programme Officer: Public Health at SEED Madagascar
- Senior Programme Officer: Conservation and Sustainable Livelihoods at SEED Madagascar
- Program Assistant – Moyale at Chemonics International Inc
- Senior Supply Coordinator, P5, Pretoria at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)