Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Head of Programme in Libya to be responsible for the overall programmatic strategy across the entire country operation.
In support of the Country Director, the Head of Programme will be responsible for fundraising initiatives and donor communication and engagement. S/He will be acountable for developing policies, processes and standards for DRC core sectors across areas of operation. The Head of Programme will be accountable for the overall technical quality of country-wide programmes as well as for effective monitoring, evaluation accountability and learning across all programmes.
The post holder will be responsible for partaking and ensuring external coordination regarding programming and support the Country Director in shaping and driving an advocacy strategy. S/He will be accountable for grants management processes and compliance with DRC procedures and guidelines, and responsible for quality implementaiton and for engagement with DRC regional and HQ colleagues on programme strategy and learning.
About the job
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Lead and manage the Programme Coordination Team, Head of HDP and National Programme Manager including team structure, recruitment, performance, conduct, well-being and professional development.
- Lead on, the effective, efficient and timely implementation of all projects according to agreed contracts, budgets, policies, procedures and in accordance with DRC SoPs, specific donor requirements as per grants management processes, with support from HoSS.
- Accountable for the timely and quality completion of regular internal and external reports, communications materials, and other relevant information on programme activities, policy matters and external relations.
- Accountable for the incorporation of MEAL into all stages of project implementation and ensure evidence based and adaptive management processes.
- Lead engagement with consortia and partners on programming and coordination.
- Ensuring the coordination and utilization of Project Management Cycle tools. Accountable for facilitation of PMT and for ensuring input from programme management team.
Programme and strategy development
- Lead on the development and roll out of the country programme strategy and ensure DRC core sector strategies are in place and in use.
- Identify opportunities for new projects including new locations, and lead the development of concept papers, budgets, and project proposals with support from country team.
- Contribute to the overall management of the country operation as a member of the Senior Management Team.
- Coordination with HoSS and CSM to ensure support for programme implementation.
- Liaison with DRC regional and HQ colleagues regarding technical support, joint and/or complementary initiatives, and strategy and policy implementation.
- Increase the visibility and credibility of DRC’s programmes and maintain close relations with relevant stakeholders including donors.
- In support of the CD, engage with existing and potential donors on fundraising initiatives.
- In coordination with the CD, define advocacy messages and engage in external advocacy.
The Head of Programme will be a core member of the Senior Management Team and will be a direct line manager to the Programme Coordination Team and senior programme implementation management.
To be successful in this role we expect you to posses the following:
• A Master’s degree in political science, international development, economics or other relevant field • At least 7 years’ experience in relevant field • At least 4 years’ experience with people management • Experience in managing program operations, including at country senior management level • Proven leadership skills and a competence in people management • Experience with proposal development, budget development, program implementation, grants management and MEAL. • Experience with effectively coordinating with national partners, local/government authorities, NGO partners, UNHCR and other relevant stakeholders • Full professional proficiency in English
• Proficiency in Arabic is an advantage
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 24 months
Designation of Duty Station: Unacccompanied Non-family Duty Station
Start date: 17 August 2022
- Job City Tunis