Head of Programmes.
- To provide overall thought leadership, oversight and technical support for all aspects of strategy and programming in WaterAid Tanzania programmes.
- Ensure that programmes are accountable to communities and donors, are in line with WaterAid’s corporate requirements, and meet national and international standards. Promote innovation, effective learning, and dissemination of information within and outside of WaterAid Tanzania to continuously improve the organization and sector of WASH programmes.
- The Head of programs will lead and supervise the Program team.
- In this role you will manage and provide leadership in the development of WAT’s technical approach in WASH programmes and projects while setting technical performance standards to be adhered to by WAT implementing staff and partners.
- Developing and executing collaboration of WaterAid strategic funding teams, a strategy to increase funding portfolio for the technical programme.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
❖ Experience in policy dialogue with government and donors.
❖ Experience and knowledge of WASH sector/ issues are desirable with proven ability to analyze (qualitative and quantitative) data
❖ Extensive understanding of the global and national issues affecting poverty and the latest approaches to development.
❖ Experience in developing and managing strategic relationships and multi-stakeholder engagement in order to achieve common goals and objectives, and/or proven capacity to influence decision makers.
❖ Must have been a manager for a minimum of four years, specifically involved in proposal writing, project design, implementation, and monitoring evaluation. Strong writing skills, including experience producing proposals, reports, and other informational documents.
Significant relevant and proven experience preferably in NGOs, to include:
❖ People Management
❖ Leading, developing and implementing a WASH strategy
❖ Working at a senior level with a proven capacity to influence decision-makers
❖ Developing and managing strategic relationships to achieve common goals and objectives
❖ Gender and other diversity considerations within key areas of responsibility and commitment to addressing inequalities in the workplace and the programme.
How to apply
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, please visit wateraid.org/tz/work-with-us to download the job descriptions and the application forms. Send your job application form to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the title of the applied post in the subject line.
- CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER & MAPPING At RefuSHE
- Regional Emergency Officer at International Organization for Migration
- Project Officer (Counter-Trafficking (CT) / Assistance to Vulnerable Migrants (AVM)) at International Organization for Migration
- Operations Officer (Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM)) at International Organization for Migration
- Associate Resettlement and Complementary Pathways Officer at UN High Commissioner for Refugees