Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Informatics Intern
Job ID: req19517
Project Overview and Role
- Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to support the HIV and COVID-19 response.
- Data.FI partners with programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV and COVID-19 epidemic control and maintenance.
- By improving global, regional, national, and community/local in-depth analyses of HIV and COVID-19 epidemiologic and programmatic data, Data.FI expedites program achievements to improve client services and attain and sustain control of the epidemics.
- Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS), informing management responses to gaps in programming and sustaining impact by supporting local partner transition.
Purpose of Internship
- Data.FI is seeking self-directed interns with a passion for technology, collaboration, and creative problem-solving.
- The interns will work closely for 6 months with mentors and senior leadership on the project with health informatics (HI) team and will actively contribute to development and deployment of electronic medical records systems in support of USAID Nigeria implementing partners under the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDSRelief (PEPFAR) program.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the HI team in application development (coding, programming) and maintenance.
- Assist with troubleshooting issues and provide technical support to the users of systems.
- Support the documentation and testing of systems.
- Support the planning and coordination of stakeholder engagements.
- Lend support in other areas as may be identified by the mentor or HI Team Lead
- Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics or related fields’ major
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, programming languages: Java, .NET, Python, C, C++, HTML/DHTML
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well in teams.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Hands-on experience in international development
- Shadowing and training experiences with knowledgeable professionals
- Collaborating hand-in-hand with skilled teams of software engineers
- Opportunity to attend networking events and company meetings.
- Flexible schedule.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Intern – Peace Security and Gender, West Africa at the Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
- Country Manager, Senegal & Guinea at Self Help Africa
- Regional Finance Controller Central West Africa (Senegalese Nationals Only) at Norwegian Refugee Council
- Protection Project Manager (Nationals Only) at Norwegian Refugee Council
- Graphic Designer Intern at CTG