Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Informatics Team Lead
Requisition ID: req14688
Project Overview and Role
- Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to support the HIV and COVID-19 response.
- Data.FI partners with programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV and COVID-19 epidemic control and maintenance. By improving global, regional, national, and community/local in-depth analyses of HIV and COVID-19 epidemiologic and programmatic data, Data.FI expedites program achievements to improve client services and attain and sustain control of the epidemics.
- Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS), informing management responses to gaps in programming and sustaining impact by supporting local partner transition.
- Operations Manager – Nigeria IHP at Palladium Group
- M & E / Data Analytics Interns Lead at Palladium Group
- Consultant – Building Basics Terms of Reference (ToR) at the International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Project Director at Internews
- Grants and Compliance Manager at Action Against Hunger
- Health Finance Advisor – Nigeria IHP at Palladium Group
- Organizational Development Subject Matter Expert at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE)
Purpose of Position
- We are recruiting an Informatics Team Lead to provide technical and strategic leadership to the Data.FI Nigeria Health Informatics Unit.
- S/he will provide management support to the unit with support from Palladium’s Data, Informatics, and Analytics (DIAS) Head and Regional Offices to ensure agile and high-quality approaches to the analysis, design, development, implementation, continuous monitoring, and reporting of various technology products.
- S/he will act as a servant leader by influence to ensure that teams collaborate around a common development vision while fulfilling user requirements through user-centric approaches.
- S/he will coordinate and oversee task management, stakeholder management and communication, standardization, capacity building, and skills transfer activities, internal informatics meetings, and sprint demos in addition to validating team performance metrics and co-facilitating HI Community of Practice (HI-CoP) operations.
- The Informatics Team Lead will report to the Deputy Country Director. This is a full-time position with a contract for 1 year, renewable subject to availability of funding.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the Data.FI Nigeria informatics team in the design, strategy, and implementation of country-level digital tools
- Take a leadership role in directing the implementation of the Data.FI HI activities within the project workplan in Nigeria
- Provide strong leadership in the change management processes to facilitate user centric approaches to improve program delivery and data use for decision making
- Lead implementation of Palladium’s standardized software development project management approach, including accompanying tools and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Work with the product owner, project managers and development teams to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within scope and budget
- Spearhead adoption and compliance to global best practices including the principles of digital development.
- Strengthen system development processes by ensuring fidelity to SDLC project management approaches.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of project activities and results to the client and Data.FI leadership team.
- Mentor the informatics teams and HI-CoP members to allow for skill/knowledge development through advice, coaching, and training opportunities
- Strengthen informatics governance capacity of implementing partners (IPs) towards standardization by providing oversight in informatics capacity building activities including bootcamps, trainings and mentorship sessions
- Work with the DIAS Regional Team in specific application release planning and development of deployment schedules.
- Ensure that information supported systems meet prevailing standards, including security and confidentiality.
- Spearhead Data.FI Nigeria informatics communication, liaisons, engagements, and coordination roles with USAID and other donor agencies, IPs, Federal and State Government ministries, departments and agencies, and other informatics stakeholders towards translating program requirements into sustainable informatics solutions.
- Oversee the strengthening of stakeholder collaboration forums through the HI-CoP and relevant government technical working groups.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in development and implementation of digital health tools specifically relating to technology and data solutions in a data driven environment.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience leading technology teams overseeing end-to-end design, development and implementation of software solutions or the development of information products to implement at national scale
- Knowledge of software development cycles, project management principles to manage outputs with multi-disciplinary teams, including extensive knowledge of IT principles, methods, and techniques; experience with Microsoft Teams, Planner, Jira, Confluence and other elements of the Atlassian Suite preferred
- Experience working with technology teams to ensure design and solution architecture outputs meet the business requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and agile environment with changing requirements and priorities
- Demonstrated skills in crisis management and problem-solving; ability to achieve consensus among multiple stakeholders
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- High self-motivation and direction.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong customer-service orientation.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Area Program Coordinator- Kajiado at Feed the Children
Research Assistants – Casual Database (Garissa) at Save the Children
Global Foundations, Organizations and Institutions Specialist at Habitat for Humanity
VOLUNTARY PROGRAMME COORDINATOR at ActionAid International
WASH Strategist at Oxfam
Ogun State Dairy Value Chain and Market Study Consultant at TechnoServe Nigeria
Operations Support Assistant (Abuja) at Palladium Group