Health Management Systems Technical Lead
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
Palladium International, LLC is seeking a Health Management Systems Technical Lead for a potential upcoming Health Systems Strengthening project in Ghana. The Health Management Systems Technical Lead must have in depth technical expertise, experience, professional reputation, interpersonal skills, and professional relationships that demonstrate her or his ability to be a thought leader in their field. This is a full-time position based in Accra, Ghana.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical and strategic direction, leadership, and management oversight to support the digitization, integration, and scale up of priority health information systems of the health system.
- Coordinate and liaise with stakeholders, including government agencies, other donor-funded projects, implementing partners, and USAID and other donors to support strengthened and modernized health management systems.
- Provide technical and strategic leadership with the project team to support the Government of Ghana in the process of integrating priority digital health management systems.
- Demonstrated experience in working with health systems design, management, and governance in the health field for USG-funded projects or other donor funded programs.
- Experienced at a managerial or advisor level, providing guidance and supervision in implementation of strategies or methods.
- Demonstrated experience working in developing countries (preferably in Africa).
- Thought leadership in the fields of health management systems and/or technology for global health preferred.
- Proven ability to leverage and manage partnerships and cooperate with host country governments and international partners in implementing multi-intervention health information system projects preferred.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to think and plan strategically, ability to manage a multi-sectoral diverse staff, consultants and counterparts.
- Strong analytical and computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, web-based research).
- Ability to multi-task and keep track of concurrent activities and deadlines.
- Fluency in English required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences.
- Must be willing to live and travel within Ghana.