Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, gender, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Promoter Supervisor
Location: Akor or Old Ndebeji, District Ikpai, Akamkpa LGA – Cross River
Contract: Fixed-term (1 Year) contract and working hours according to Nigerian Law
- In close collaboration with the HP IEC Activities Manager, implementing and supervising educational campaigns according to MSF values, standards and procedures in order to increase awareness of the targeted population and to promote prevention and treatment of diseases in the project areaIn close collaboration with the HP IEC Activities Manager, implementing and supervising educational campaigns according to MSF values, standards and procedures in order to increase awareness of the targeted population and to promote prevention and treatment of diseases in the project area
- In close collaboration with the HP manager, participating in the definition and update of the HP/IEC strategy and identifying indicators in order to monitor HP activities, results, and achievements. Supporting the HP manager in organizing and carrying out assessments and research on the impact of HP activities and identifying and reporting the constraints, difficulties or strength points of the HP strategy inside and outside the medical structures in order to reinforce the link between the communities and the project.
- Providing support in selecting and developing quality pedagogical communication strategies towards the community. Planning information campaigns, including targets, objectives, methods and goals in order to increase awareness among the targeted population.
- Informing, according to protocols, community members and identified risk groups (prisons, army, sexual workers, etc.) about health-related issues
- Organizing health awareness sessions for MSF’s medical and non-medical staff
- Identifying key actors (local authorities, local NGOs, traditional healers, formal or informal authorities) and being the focal point for the networking in order to support the dissemination of health information of the target population and be the point of reference for the relation and networking with these subjects.
- Organizing, training, and supervising the HP team in terms of planning and organizing their work, supporting, evaluating and coaching of personnel, collecting reports and reporting the activities of each health worker and regularly visiting communities that are under his/her responsibility
- Supervising, in close collaboration with the HR department, the HR associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Ensuring cleanliness of IEC (information, education and communication) areas collecting and reporting to the medical team any information linked to the health situation of the population and the patient.
- Education: Essential Diploma in Social Sciences or Education / Pedagogy / or Social Work
- Experience: Essential working experience in health promotion activities, or training-education activities.
- Language: Fluent in reading and writing English, Local languages Efik, Ejagam as desirable
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet) Desirable basic computer skills.
- Flexibility, organizational skills, teamwork, team management, stress management and commitment to humanitarian objectives and to MSF Principles.
According to the MSF salary scale (Level7) plus 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross salary.
Application Closing Date
16th December, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV, Copies of all Certificates and Diplomas mentioned in the CV, Motivation / Cover Letter, Copy Valid ID Card (NIN or International Passport), Copy of work Certificates, any other important document following the mandatory documents in an A4 envelope size to MSF boxes at:
MSF WACA Calabar Office,
No. 2 Ebri Eteng Close,
State Housing, Calabar,
Cross River State, Nigeria (Near FAD FM Calabar).
Akor or Old Ndebeji Primary Health Care Center.
Submit Applications via mail following mandatory documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to apply online
- Non-Compliant or Late applications or hand delivery applications will Not be Considered.
- Only successful applicants will be called for written test and interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Quality Focal Person at Society for Family Health (SFH) – Kaduna
- Program Assistant at the World Bank Group
- Consultancy to Support Save the Children with Green Climate Fund Proposal Development
- Security Analyst Consultant (Cameroonian National) at World Bank
- BHA – Programme Coordinator – DRC at Concern Worldwide