The Women and Children Health Empowerment Foundation (WACHEF) based in Jalingo, Taraba State, is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) registered to practice in Nigeria. The NGO works in partnership with public, private, and other non-government organizations to contribute to achieving equitable, sustainable, and quality healthcare delivery in Nigeria. It was registered with Taraba State Government in 2001 and with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) of Nigeria in August 2005. Our vision is to ensure universal access to quality health care and social services among the general population, especially women and children.
WACHEF is a member of World Hepatis Alliance (WHA), International Alliance of Patients` Organization (IAPO), Tuberculosis Network of Nigeria, African Liver Patients Association (ALPA), Association of OVC NGOs in Nigeria (AONN) among others. The organization has implemented several projects under World Bank, Global Fund, BMGF etc. WACHEF is expecting an award from Pro-Health International with funding from the United States Agency for International Development (“USAID”) towards implementing the Integrated Child Healthcare and Social Services Award (ICHSSA4) project in Taraba State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health System Strengthening (HSS) and Child Protection Officer
Location: Jalingo, Taraba
Employment Type: Full-time
Project: ICHSSA 4
Reports to: Program Manager
- Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the HSS and Child Protection Officer will in collaboration with other staff manage a range of duties related to health system strengthening, stakeholders’ engagements, organizational capacity, program development, capacity building and oversight and providing programmatic assistance to Community case workers and caregivers.
- The HSS and Child Protection Officer will also assist the Program Manager in coordinating activities related to local and state OVC sectors and other stakeholders as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership in integrated VC services including facilitating provision of educational services, birth registration and other protection services to ICHSSA 4 project beneficiaries
- Guide the project technically in terms of: VC service provision; capacity development and mentoring of LGA focal persons, Community Case Workers (CCWs) and beneficiaries
- Provide technical support to LGA social welfare units on a range of VC issues
- Support other program staff in training of Community Case workers and Caregivers in the community
- Efficiently organize and carry out coaching for caregiver’s, and other support groups in the community
- Participated in the training and development of a safe space ECCD centers in the community
- Accompany other program staff for site visits to carry out monthly data collection, analysis and reporting on OVC activities in the communities.
- Participate in developing materials for learning sessions, harvest meetings and coaching visits.
- Generate quality and timely quarterly and annual reports and update the technical team on the progress of activities.
- Facilitate the formation and participate in Quality improvement team meeting at the Community and LGA level
- Provide support to achievement of 95-95-95 vision of USAID/PEPFAR programing towards epidemic control
- Actively participate in documenting success stories
- Take part in meetings with partners at community and local government level
- Assist in responding to ICHSSA4 request and preparing reports including work plans, quarterly and annual reports;
- Any other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
- Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- A Degree in Social Sciences or Health related field (MPH or Masters in Development studies will be an added advantage)
- Minimum of three (3) years’ professional experience working on OVC Program/HIV prevention
- Strong technical skills in OVC Program in Nigeria
- Strong organizational development skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with the national OVC standard and guidelines on HIV prevention
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Ability to work in a team
- Demonstrable skill in the use of word processors (MSWord, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to take initiative and perform under intense pressure.
Application Closing Date
30th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV as one attachment to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Applications not sent in the required format will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for assessment and interview.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- WACHEF is an equal opportunity organization.
Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO)
Digital Communications Officer at ActionAid International
Compliance Director at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
Senior Technical Officer – Prevention, Care & Treatment at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
WHE Team Lead at World Health Organization (WHO)
Field Coordinator at World Health Organization (WHO)
Field Security Officer at World Health Organization (WHO)
Regional Marketing Officer, SSA (Exams and Cultural Engagement) at British Council
Senior Technical Advisor, HIV Prevention at Pathfinder International
Associate Director, Pharmaceutical Care and Supply Chain Management at Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO)