Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK) is a national faith-based organization committed to promoting universal access to quality health care in Kenya since 1946. CHAK is seeking to recruit highly competent, experienced and fit for purpose key personnel in the anticipated five-year contract to continue acceleration of sustainable high-quality comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment services, to achieve the 95-95-95 targets and HIV epidemic control, and transition to a sustainable service delivery model in the Central Kenya region
Reporting to the Principal Investigator, The HSS Lead will provide technical support in building the capacity of the sub awardees and county Health Management Team towards ownership and sustainability of high-quality HIV-TB prevention and treatment services. She will facilitate FBHF and county capacity systems strengthening including leadership and governance, Human Resources for health, planning, budgeting, and finance.
· In conjunction with the technical staff, take the lead in supporting counties to undertake HSS capacity assessments, identify gaps, set priorities, develop and implement capacity strengthening plans.
· Develop and implement a robust HSS, HRH and service delivery transition as outlined in the project proposal.
· Provide technical assistance to strengthen institutional capacity of FBHF and county health systems for quality health services.
· Work closely with technical staff to provide technical assistance in mainstreaming HSS in their areas of expertise and provide expert support in developing and applying HSS tools.
· Support the sharing of lessons learned, promising practices, and practical strategies to enable the county government advance toward the desired HSS results.
· Supervise and line manage HSS Officers providing technical support in rolling out organizational policies.
· Build strong partnerships and collaboration with the government and other key stakeholder towards increased resource mobilization and social accountability by FBHF and counties.
· Master’s degree in Public Health, Project Management, Business Administration or a related field experience in Health Systems Strengthening.
· Atleast (10) years of professional experience, in designing and implementing large-scale HIV Health Systems Strengthening projects in a similar size and complexity.
· Ability to interact effectively and collaboratively with a broad range of senior and mid-level public and private sector counterparts, donors, and other key stakeholders
· Prior experience in HSS for FBO and county – leadership and governance, strategic planning and resource mobilization.
· Strong interpersonal oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent knowledge of office software packages and database packages and experience in handling web-based management system.
How to apply
Qualified and interested candidates are advised to send their CV and application letter briefly describing his or her motivation for the position and highlight relevant experience to email@example.com copied to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15th May 2022. Only qualified candidates should apply. Applicants must quote the Position on application Subject.
*Disclaimer: CHAK does not charge money nor engage an agent at any point of the recruitment process**