Position: Health Technical Manager
THET’s CD is the representative lead for all THET’s work in Tanzania. At the present stage, the majority of THET’s work revolves around one programme, the Commonwealth Partnerships for Antimicrobial Stewardship Programme -for further details please refer to Annex 1 for a description of the programme and the role of the CD within this. A number of other smaller projects are also running in Tanzania. In addition, the CD is responsible for identifying opportunities to grow and develop THET’s contribution to strengthening the Tanzanian health system in line with the organisations vision, mission and strategy. The CD will lead on ensuring that THET is appropriately registered in country and is operating within all Tanzanian regulatory and all THET internal requirements. The level of effort outlined above may expand with the project portfolio implemented in Tanzania.
Main duties and responsibilities
Strategic Leadership and Representation • Lead and represent THET’s work and projects in Tanzania. • Propose areas of strategic development for THET’s work in Tanzania. • Provide updates on the political, social and economic context in Tanzania to enable THET to function as effectively as possible.
New Business Development • Explore opportunities for new programme development, including building relationships with in-country donors and key partners, identifying and assessing new business opportunities, working with the UK Programmes team and External Engagement team to develop new concept notes and proposals as appropriate.
Programme Management, Quality, Monitoring and Learning • Ensure quality delivery, monitoring and assessment of THET Tanzania programmes. • Ensure accountability to THET donors, partners, and other stakeholders. • Effectively implement planning and review systems to ensure delivery against plans, including appropriate internal and external reporting and monitoring. • Coordinate with partners and stakeholders to ensure quality delivery of the projects.
Operations and Financial Management • Ensure efficient, effective and cost-effective administrative and logistics procedures are in place, in line with all THET requirements and processes. • Ensure legal compliance in all areas (NGO, tax, employment, health and safety, insurance including proper registration and legal status of the organisation and staff). • Lead on compliance with all of THET’s internal financial, HR and reporting processes. • Accountable for the organisational resources and assets, ensuring financial controls and cost effectiveness. • Act as security focal point for liaison with THET UK and ensure there are effective security policies in place.
• Build effective relations with national authorities, partners and other stakeholders. • Facilitate high standards of coordination and communication of THET’s profile, activities and programmes, internally and externally. • With support from UK team members develop and implement advocacy and dissemination strategies related to projects’ goals and outcomes. • Attend and contribute to both external and internal meetings/workshops where appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public health or related discipline
- Understanding of global health trends
- Understanding of donor environment in Tanzania
for a more detailed job pack, please access the THET website
How to apply
How to apply
THET is an equal opportunity employer and any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Applicants must have the pre-existing right to live and work in Tanzania.
To apply for this role please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com by midnight on Sunday, 21st August 2022.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Sudan – Area Administrator at COOPI – Cooperazione Internazionale
- Audit & Compliance Manager – Tunisia/Libya at CESVI – Cooperazione e Sviluppo Onlus
- Moderator – Somali Speaking at International Rescue Committee
- Grants Finance Officer – Tumikia Mtoto Project at World Vision Kenya
- Senior Associate, Operations – Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning at Teach For All