The Women and Children Health Empowerment Foundation (WACHEF) based in Jalingo, Taraba State, is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) registered to practice in Nigeria. The NGO works in partnership with public, private, and other non-government organizations to contribute to achieving equitable, sustainable, and quality healthcare delivery in Nigeria. It was registered with Taraba State Government in 2001 and with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) of Nigeria in August 2005. Our vision is to ensure universal access to quality health care and social services among the general population, especially women and children.
WACHEF is a member of World Hepatis Alliance (WHA), International Alliance of Patients` Organization (IAPO), Tuberculosis Network of Nigeria, African Liver Patients Association (ALPA), Association of OVC NGOs in Nigeria (AONN) among others. The organization has implemented several projects under World Bank, Global Fund, BMGF etc.
WACHEF is expecting an award from Pro-Health International with funding from the United States Agency for International Development (“USAID”) towards implementing the Integrated Child Healthcare and Social Services Award (ICHSSA4) project in Taraba State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HES, Nutrition and Food Security Officer
Location: Jalingo, Taraba
Employment Type: Full-time
Project: ICHSSA 4
Reports to: Program Manager
- Part of ICHSSA 4 major focus is on the provision of appropriate HES services informed by market information: and quality nutrition and food security services to OVC and their households.
- This makes the position of the HES, Nutrition and Food Security Officer central to the achievement of ICHSSA 4 overall objectives.
- The following roles and responsibilities are provided to guide their work, in a coordinated and integrated manner but are not exhaustive.
- Serve as the CSO technical lead in the development and implementation of HES and nutrition strategies
- Work with other staff, case managers and case workers to ensure effective and coordinated implementation of planned HES and nutrition activities, training or events
- Facilitate routine nutrition assessment of beneficiaries on ICHSSA 4 project and support the provision of appropriate services to malnourished children
- Implement and monitor programs to support scaling up of infant and young child nutrition at community and local government levels
- Conduct assessment; collate data on nutrition using approved nutrition tools on the project
- Ensure promising practices are documented, shared through learning exchanges and communication of success stories
- Work closely with SI unit to conduct special studies to evaluate the impact of HES and nutrition interventions on targeted households
- Conduct baselines and mid- term evaluations and other assessments of HES activities
- Represent their organizations in external technical meetings, conferences and workshops related to HES and nutrition at the state, LGA and communities.
- Participate on behalf of their organization in strategic meetings with the government or private sector
- Search for opportunities to link households with government program on HES or nutrition and solicit for support as appropriate
- Liaise and coordinate with other HES or nutrition actors, including the government, other civil society actors to promote synergy, share lessons learned and avoid duplication.
- Link State, LGA, and CSO staff to relevant HES and food security technical and coordination forums.
- Represent the organization at ICHSSA4 Community of practice meetings and other related meetings
Supervision and Mentoring:
- Provide guidance to Community Case Workers (CCWs) on HES and Nutrition related program implementation activities
- Participate in field visits for direct interaction with households.
- Candidate must hold a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree and or HND in Food and Dietetics, Food and Nutrition, Public Health, Social Sciences, Agriculture or related field
- At least 2 years of professional experience implementing/managing OVC program, HIV, agriculture or food and nutrition programming, of which at least one year with an NGOs.
- Must have completed NYSC
- Demonstrable computer literacy in MS Office – Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication, report skills.
Application Closing Date
30th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV as one attachment to: email@example.com with the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Applications not sent in the required format will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for assessment and interview.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- WACHEF is an equal opportunity organization.
- Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.