Location: Remote (within the UK)
Commencing: March 2022
Line manager: People & Culture Manager
Term & LOE: Full-time; 100%
Salary range: Band B1 – B3 (£29,844 – £32,231)
Internews is an international non-profit organisation whose mission is to empower local media worldwide to give people the news and information they need, the ability to connect and the means to make their voices heard.
Internews provides communities the resources to produce local news and information with integrity and independence. With global expertise and reach, Internews trains both media professionals and citizen journalists, introduces innovative media solutions, increases coverage of vital issues and helps establish policies needed for open access to information.
Internews programmes create platforms for dialogue and enable informed debate, which bring about social and economic progress. Internews’ commitment to research and evaluation creates effective and sustainable programs, even in the most challenging environments.
Internews operates internationally, with administrative centres in California, Washington DC, and London, as well as regional hubs in Bangkok and Nairobi. Formed in 1982, Internews has worked in more than 90 countries, and currently has offices in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Latin America and North America.
Our commitment to a culture of belonging
Internews is passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams, and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, the self-taught, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations, and socio-economic backgrounds. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, abilities, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and actively welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
About the role
The Recruitment & Hiring Associate provides general HR administrative support across a variety of functions supporting the recruitment, hiring and employee lifecycle of staff (IUS) and Personal Services Contractors.
Roles and Responsibilities
Personnel data management
- Maintains accurate, up to date personnel and employment data in staff personnel files.
- Supports the onboarding of new staff members through the distribution, collection, and filing of onboarding documentation for Internews US hires.
- Supports the offboarding of staff members through communications, collection of documentation and updating of HRIS and ATS to reflect staff terminations.
- Drafts personal services contracts and modifications as requested across the Internews Alliance including Internews Europe, Internews US and Internews International.
- Supports the maintenance of ATS records on all Internews US recruitments, candidates, talent pools, question library, etc.
- Posts jobs to Internews and external advertising sources, tracks expenses and reconciles costs.
- Supports HQ recruitments as requested for US and international payroll staff as well as IEU contractors, including reference checking, documentation gather, etc.
- Coordinates with third party background screen vendor to complete screening for new hired staff.
- Reviews and tracks new hire Conflict of Interest disclosures, soliciting feedback from HR management staff as needed.
- Runs weekly, bi-weekly, monthly or ad-hoc personnel reports.
- Provides support and reporting on personnel data for internal and external organizational audits.
- Performs regular data audits within specific HR systems, updating data as needed in response to data audit findings.
- Supports drafting and updates to Standard Operating Procedure documents for recruitment processes as requested.
- Supports management of HR team email inbox for contractor, recruitment and hiring requests.
- Responds to HR-help ticketing system issues as assigned.
- Cross-trains on a range of other HR Associate duties and supports as needed.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prior experience in office administration experience, preferably in Human Resources
- Proven ability handling confidential and/or sensitive information
- Prior experience with databases, preferably an HRIS
- Strong grasp of Microsoft Windows environment including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Explorer
- Organized, logical, detail-oriented
- Ability to take direction, yet work independently and complete tasks on time
- Experience working in collaborative team environment
- Internet savvy