Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK) is a national faith-based organization committed to promoting universal access to quality health care in Kenya since 1946. CHAK is seeking to recruit highly competent, experienced and fit for purpose key personnel in the anticipated five-year contract to continue acceleration of sustainable high-quality comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment services, to achieve the 95-95-95 targets and HIV epidemic control, and transition to a sustainable service delivery model in the Central Kenya region.
Working under the overall direction of the Senior Technical Advisor and in coordination and collaboration with other project technical staff, the HIV Prevention Lead will directly support the STA in the design, roll-out and day-to-day management and implementation of comprehensive HIV combination prevention interventions to target key and priority populations and related community strengthening activities.
· Lead HIV prevention program design, planning, implementation, coordination, communication, and reporting.
· Lead technical and programmatic approaches to scale-up comprehensive HIV prevention services to ensure that target at risk population is reached, tested, and effectively linked to high-quality prevention and treatment services.
· Create an enabling environment for provision of KP and PP services to address human rights issues, stigma, and mitigate discrimination and sexual and gender-based violence.
· Ensure integration of biomedical HIV prevention services such as PrEP, STIs screening and management into routine health services
· Oversee training, mentorship, and support of SCHMT and FBHF staff to ensure delivery of high quality, patient-centered HIV prevention services.
· Coordinate with implementing faith partners, CDC, MOH, CSOs, County Governments and other stakeholders to guide development of work plans, monitoring and evaluation, and quality assurance.
· Support and supervise the HIV prevention team, monitoring their performance standards.
· Represent the project at HIV prevention technical/stakeholder forums with the county and national government, the donor agencies and other implementing partners
· Master’s degree in Public Health, Social and or Behavioral Sciences with a clinical or nursing background training.
· Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in designing and implementing large-scale US government funded HIV prevention and support projects for key and priority populations in a similar context
· Experience in a similar role for a project of similar size and complexity, including experience with direct supervision and capacity building of professional staff.
· Demonstrated knowledge of evidence-based and combination HIV prevention care and support interventions for key and/or priority populations and linkage to services, and approaches to address gender issues relating to HIV prevention.
· Demonstrated ability to establish and sustain professional and collaboratively with host country and county government counterparts and project stakeholders.
Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
How to apply
Qualified and interested candidates are advised to send their CV and application letter briefly describing his or her motivation for the position and highlight relevant experience to email@example.com copied to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15th May 2022. Only qualified candidates should apply. Applicants must quote the Position on application Subject.
*Disclaimer: CHAK does not charge money nor engage an agent at any point of the recruitment process**