CTG Global – CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero-tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peacebuilding, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HLP Field Assistant
Vacancy ID: VAC-8089
Start date: 01-Oct-2022
Duration: 6 months
Overview of Position
- The HLP Field Assistant will be working under the leadership & guidance of the Emergency Coordinator & Area Coordinator, with the direct supervision & the guidance & mentorship of the HLP National Project Officer.
- Within the framework of the durable solutions program in north east Nigeria, the incumbent shall be responsible for supporting the shelter & HLP projects by assisting in the implementation of field activities, with a particular focus on housing, land & property issues, including land advocacy, as well as community mobilization, needs assessment & liaising with local authorities & stakeholders, in accordance with the overall directives of the Head of Sub-Office in Yola, Emergency Coordinator & Area Coordinator & our clients procedures & in close coordination with other units.
The incumbent will be responsible & accountable for the following activities:
- Liaise closely with the HLP Project Officer & Area Coordinator throughout the planning, design & implementation stages of HLP activities.
- Contribute to the planning procedures & designing of tools for implementation of projects in line with proposals & strategies.
- Promote the HLP rights of IDPs / returnees in line with advocacy strategy & facilitate access to land through stakeholders & community engagement.
- Carryout security of tenure due diligence for project implementation according to our clients SOP.
- Assist with the implementation of the HLP projects according to the agreed response strategy & plan, including but not limited to needs assessment & processes as required.
- Follow up with field activities closely to ensure their quality & that there are no delays by collecting daily updates from field staff & timely report all challenges or delays to the management & participate in brainstorming to resolve issues.
- Support in organizing & facilitating trainings & stakeholder’s engagement workshops.
- Actively facilitate & maintain liaison & collaboration with relevant local & national authorities & stakeholders & represent our client in relevant forums / cluster / working groups where required.
- Update unit trackers on regular basis, provide feedback on any correction needed to the Project Manager & Project Officer.
- Contribute as requested to the reports of HLP activities by providing inputs & data (including weekly, monthly, interim & final project reports).
- Prepare & develop status reports, minutes of meetings, travel requests & other documents, as required by the management.
- Liaise with government, relevant UN & NGO partners & consultants at state, district & field level, as required.
- Ensure proper filing of documents according to data protection & confidentiality protocols.
- Support the planning & implementation of community consultations, focus group discussions & other community engagement activities related to HLP programming.
- Travel to the field as requested.
- Coordinate with all relevant units & provide assistance where needed.
- Perform any other duties that may be required.
- This role reports to the line manager.
- Graduate Degree or Diploma in Social Sciences, International Development, International Studies or Relations, Law or relevant field from a recognized institution.
- Preferably 2+ years of relevant experience in the humanitarian sector.
- Experience in community mobilization & engagement & mediation among local actors.
- Previous experience in implementing HLP programmes in north east Nigeria is an advantage.
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Ability to work quickly & accurately & pay attention to detail.
- Willingness to assist efficiently in a very busy project environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines & work under pressure.
- Ability to present clear & concise information & good communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively & harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures & professional backgrounds.
- Ability to learn new programming modalities quickly.
- Fluent English & native language such as Hausa or other northeast Nigeria local languages.
- Previous experience in humanitarian work.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects & promotes individual & cultural differences, encourages diversity & inclusion wherever possible.
- Maintain high ethical standards & acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles / rules & standards of conduct.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent & committed manner & exercises careful judgment in meeting day to day challenges.
- Develops & promotes effective collaboration within & across units to achieve shared goals & optimize results.
- Delivering results produces & delivers quality results in a service oriented & timely manner, is action oriented & committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing & sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge & innovate.
- Takes ownership for achieving the organization’s priorities & assumes responsibility for own action & delegated work.
- Encourages & contributes to clear & open communication, explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring & motivational way.
- This role has no team management responsibility.
- Fluent in English (essential).
- Fluent in Hausa (essential).
Application Closing Date
12th September, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station & within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, confirmation of all documents & security clearances.
- The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian national applicants & only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The contract duration is 6 months with possibility of extension.
- Disclaimer: At no stage of the recruitment process will CTG ask candidates for a fee. This includes during the application stage, interview, assessment and training.