Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HMIS Specialist – Nigeria IHP
Ref No: req17557
Location: Bauchi, Nigeria
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates data collection at project states offices to monitor performance and ensure timely compilation and reporting of data, and leads activities to support HMIS strengthening at LGA level;
- Collaborates with other partnering implementers on alignment of data collection, analysis, and results reporting;
- Oversees the data migration and reconstruction efforts with the facility, LGAs, SMOH, and other stakeholders on the ground;
- Facilitates training surveys and ensures quality of data and data management activities at the facility level;
- Trains staff on database (HMIS) and answers questions related to the system.
- ® Reports to Senior M&E/HMIS Advisor at ACO and supervised by Senior MEL Manager
- The HMIS Specialist will have some experience and up-to-date knowledge and skills in MIS and M&E for health systems and healthcare provision.
- S/he must be familiar with NHMIS / DHIS2, HMIS data context at the State level and working with health facilities and LGA for data collection, reporting and use.
- S/he should have experience with USAID / International donor programs.
Additional qualifications include:
- A Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Demography, Statistics, Information Technology, Public Health Information Management or related field. A Master’s degree will be a plus.
- Minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible experience with reporting health services data using standard tools and software. Familiarity with NHMIS and DHIS2 is required.
- Familiarity with USAID / Global indicators and standard measurement tools in the areas of reproductive health/family planning, maternal and neonatal health and other relevant technical areas.
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Experience using statistical software a plus.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with government partners, USAID, other Donors, and implementing partners.
- Good verbal, listening, writing, and intrapersonal skills essential for effective interaction among several institutions and staff involved in a broad range of activities.
- Experience at organizing and facilitating systems strengthening, capacity development and mentoring processes.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- State Technical Director – Nigeria IHP at Palladium Group
- HMIS Specialist – Nigeria IHP (Sokoto) at Palladium Group
- State Finance and Administration Director – Nigeria IHP at Palladium Group
- Economic Recovery Officer at Danish Refugee Council
- Advance HIV Disease Commodity Access, Manager at Clinton Health Access Initiative